Foreigner stabbed to death in Ratchada

trooper

There seems to be a pattern, with that machete yielding. If ever that could be the case of a few gangs acting up, one hopefully, rather than a wider all-around trend, The fucking cops should do their fucking job. FlyW himself had no doubt they are well informed who's who, or have the means to find out. Any fucking way, that's their job!

I suggest we all send a mail to any authority, any thai media we think may listen, and cares about bad publicity, or reports on it. It costs us nothing and may help.

no argument, there, either they do something about it or they don't and I have no problem changing my mind if i feel unwelcome or unprotected, about a country, be it Thailand. As a visitor, easy to vote with my feet.

You can quote me on that. ::

pattaya127

are you really sure that this report is true? i have passed with my car the intersections of Rachada throusands of times at any time a day and i really can not imagine, that anything like that can happen at those busy intersections.

of course there are such motorcycle gangs; they prefer to hit somebody in dark lonely alleys!

but why should they take such exposure to attack someboy they do not know and have nothing against them on busy intersection at Rachada? it just does not make sense!

and it is also not logic for me that it was not covered at all by the daily medias in Bangkok. usually they are eager to bring such stories.

pattaya127

you also were considering wheter the police is protecting those criminals, who stabbed a foreigner to death. sorry but that does not seem logic to me! police usually protects the rich and powerful! such motorcycle gang do not have any money; why the hell should police protect them?

It appears to be a random act. If it is, why? Animosity over falangs being in their country?

Also, wouldn't the authorities want to clamp down on this for a myriad of reasons. It slows tourism if word gets out. It can be a diplomatic issue with a foreign government.

There are a lot of un-answered questions about this.

Samak,

Funny, I first had doubts only about some reports following the one above who initiated those long debates on the net today, but rethinking about it I just started today to have doubts about the whole story. Glad U brought this up.

Than I just remembered that thread

http://www.bangkokrecorder.com/?p=forum.detail&Forum=5144&page=1&ID=7

It seems some of the posters knew the victim and it all looks more real. I'm a bit lazy though to reread it so better double check wether I'm remembering well.

Random, playing safe, dodging machetes.

you also were considering wheter the police is protecting those criminals

-------------------------------

::

not sure where you got that. I was just considering it's not a top priority.

I do not think anyone cares that much at the top, very few upper middle-class thais will walk alone late at night as the farang did. So, it's the little guy and the odd farang who will get the knife.

Archived