Foreigner stabbed to death in Ratchada

trooper

OK, do I understand the guy was not a farang, but an asian foreigner. Changes nothing about the outcome and the outrage, I just remember when I saw these thugs in Pattaya assaulting kids on the beach (nightime), I was right in the middle of it, they left me alone (I won't bet that it will always happen like that).

Could it be they wanted to "do" another thai (or thai muslim) and thought he was?

and talking about asian/asian prejudices, could the Nation and BKK Post have actually run the story if the guy had been white? With a little push from home medias, i can see euro, US embassies taking the matter with some leverage, while the Buthanese embassy....???

Just asking

Considering the above, and the fact that they only attacked the Asian pillion rider and not the farang driver, leads me to believe it was a case of mistaken identity and the attack was to revenge some preceived slight by some Thai guy or rival gang member.

Or just maybe, we do not know the whole story (naw, that could never happen!) and the guy attacked did something to cause it. Not saying it was justified, but certainly not random.

Regards,

SD

CS,

It appears to be a random act. If it is, why? Animosity over falangs being in their country?

Firstly I don't think we would be capable to comprehend any given reason. People all over the world do the coldest things for no or incomparable reasons. Look around you. See our world nowadays.

Secondly if these bastards are indeed full of alcohol, drugs whatever then they simply don't need a reason for their actions.

Another thing..

A friend of mine has been helping out drug addicted kids in Bangkok and those with little or no future with gambling parents etc and has told me that BKK's future doesn't look too bright regarding such kids (ranging from kids to teenagers)

They're lucky if they're able to help 3 out of 10. Education, camps and other (financial) support is the way to get them onto the positive track but very very hard since the Thai government hardly gives a realistic Baht to support this kind of work and most financial sources come from abroad namely Spain, Austria, Germany, The Netherlands and France.

So I'm afraid this kind of crap won't stop anytime soon.

Guest lazyphil

I agree with your words but how do account the behaviour of that CHALERM (sp?) 'gentleman' with the silver spoon up his arse, i'm sure hes not the only hiso thug in bkk willing to test the law, it cant all be put down to poor parenting and lack of formal education!

Archived