Where to get tested in LOS

Where can you get tested for STD's in places like BKK, Pattaya and Phuket? Next time I come out I'm planning on staying for 6 months - so I'd like to know where I can get checked.

Thanks.

In BKK, Bumrungrad. I will take the opportunity to get myself checked out each time I come to LOS from now on.

I'd be interested to hear if there's anywhere half as good in Pattaya.

• 3 weeks later...

update on hiv test at bumrungrad hospital-

cost is 780 baht- 200 baht for doctor referral and 580 baht for test- results take one hour-

for those spending a lot of time in bkk, i recommend that you make yourself familiar with this hospital- if you ever are in dire need of emergency care this is where you want to go-

also for usa members of blue cross/blue shield, you are covered here for emergency treatment

Although a general health test IS required to get a work permit. My health test involved just 5 minutes and 30 baht though. (It's a VERY general test :-)

700 baht is a lot of money for a hiv test though. If I remember it was like 400-something at my hospital here in Chiang Mai.

(My girlfriend made me take the test smile.gif" border="0

Cheers,

Chanchao

Ric & Chanch ta for resp.

Now then, if you are getting regularly tested for HIV, do you or don't you tell your insurance company? You may recall that back in the 1st world insurance companies try to rip you off at the drop of a hat. There was some mention in the media that those that had admitted to having a test, even if it's negative, were either refused insurance or had to pay higher premiums. Is that a problem in LOS?

Archived