Scam or not?

Zorro

Scam (probably)

But.......... plausible on the Bank transfer if not using Western Union, if you you call your bank back home (or write them a letter!) you are relying on them to firstly get off their backsides and do teh transfer the same day and secondly it is not unusual for a same day transfer to take a couple of days to show up in Bangkok (even if dated the same day it was sent) - obviously part of this is the time zone stuff and the weekends.

I might have bought him a beer, but no cash though, he is not going to be homeless and eating for a few days should not be a problem for most folk, either on room service or from a BG, (IME dead easy if you are even a little bit known as OK) - so all he is missing out on is a few days of "Fun" - but even here you can get credit for this, as long as you are upfront with the gals and you do of course have to keep them for a few days and a generous tip at the end (call it a credit payment!) goes down well.

This is even before you get to receiving credit from the bars or having BG's pawn their gold for you :o

And he obviously had no problem phoning home for the cash so he must already have access to at least some cash / credit.

Have you seen the farang guy outside MBK, looking for 8000 baht as "lost all my money and ned to go home", his sign is all in English and asks for 100 baht or 500 baht. Had to laugh out loud when I saw his sign

Prudent_Rabbit said:

Have you seen the farang guy outside MBK, looking for 8000 baht as "lost all my money and ned to go home", his sign is all in English and asks for 100 baht or 500 baht. Had to laugh out loud when I saw his sign

Welcome to the board !

You are the first prudent rabbit that I met :D :D

How does it feel when you are not prudent ? you BF the whole bar ???

BB

Archived