Aussie Is Miss Thailand

Torneyboy

Not funny for the passengers on board...

This happened a couple of trips back.

Wifes sister (all have dual passports) they had to find her bag to get at the correct pp on the flight stamp the book etc etc ....no one was laughing when she walked on board .

I was ....when i heard about it later..we flew BA she was on TG :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to check on that. As far as I know, Thai law says you have to choose -- but it just isn't enforced. A friend's half-Thai daughter is 24, but uses her US passport to get into the States and her Thai passport to come back home.

It's not so many years ago that the US finally allowed dual citizenship. It used to be you automatically lost your US citizenship the moment you accepted another. (Still, that was also ignored in time of convienience, such as when the "neutral" US government was allowing American citizens to join the RAF and RCAF to fight in the Battle of Britain.)

a question for the residents (and i suppose certain others).

many of you are married to Thai Women and have Children.

do the Children have Thai,Dual Passports or Passports from your Country of origin.

do you have a choice in what sort of Passport they can have?.

my Uncle has live in the USA since 1070 and has kept his UK Passport,no way would he take American Citizenship.

but all his Kids have Dual Nationalities Passports which i imagine is easier to travel with.

In order to have Thai citizenship, a foreigner has to register the child's birth here -- showing the mother's Thai nationality documents. But unlike the US, simply being born here does not qualify one to be a Thai. At least one parent has to be a Thai citizen. The child can be registered as a dual citizen. Up to the parents to do it though.

One should be aware that dual citizenship can make a son eligible for Thai military conscription. This being Thailand, most expats sort of manage to "buy an exemption" though.

p.s. << my Uncle has live in the USA since 1070 >>

And I thought I was old! ::

Archived