Aussie Is Miss Thailand

Torneyboy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit I find it bloody stupid to have a Miss Thailand (or any country for that matter) who cannot speak the local language.

Agree wholeheartedly KS, and I cant believe that her mother didnt attempt to teach her the basics of the language as a child. I can only assume that dear old dad wanted her to grow up as an 'Aussie', mindful of the xenophobic fucks that many Anglo Australian parents (and their beastly little offspring) can be.

I know that Phil will object to my objections (!), but the mindset among many in middle Australia is completely fucked - we sprout a lot of shit about our wonderful multicultural society when it suits us, but its a different story when little Johnny starts making friends with those funny 'foreign' kids. Granted, this FUD isnt unique to Australians, but we are (supposedly) an educated, tolerant society .....

That little rant out of the way, I dont believe that she should have been eligible for any award with the word 'Thai' in it.

Flash - you;ll find that law was changed back in 99 I think, at which time a large number of naturalized Australians and other Thai's regained their Thai nationality.

At least that is what my Thai engineer and mate who worked in Australia with me then here tells me.

He got Thai passports for all his family, only trouble is he's forgetfull and onced entered Thailand on his Aussie passport then tried to leave on his Thai, much confusion at departure. I was with and jsut laughed.

DOG

Archived