Illusions and Delusions about Bar Girls

Gents,

Couple of points:

1. I have an acquaintance in Bangkok who finances girls to make trips to more developed Asian countries. She organises everything and charges about US$1k per girl, she travels out with them to coach them (and collect her cash). She tells me that during the week they are overseas their earnings potential is between US$100 and US$400 a day depending on who they meet and that they can make good money even after paying her fees.. How does she know- she paid the same fees as she learned the ropes..

These girls have the potential to make US$5k per month, especially if they are smart enough to make their own arrangements.

2. Relating to the comments about respect given by Thai girls to their Thai men.

Some time ago I dated an attractive and sought after girl from Chiang Mai. During an early evening, pre drunken party one of the Thai guys noticed my girl lighting a cigarette and that I didn't join or smoke.

To this day I remember the incredulous look on his face as he said "Just tell her to stop and she will stop!"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I think only those who have lived there, can understand this

------------------

good post, you speak of your own experiences and try not to make a point that people have to think like you do or be wrong.

My own point on this thread was not that there are not money makers, it's a given, but the idea that tourists have to be waken up to the reality of the scene. IMO, it can as well be the contrary, the more you stay, the less you are careful, namely you'll think you can tell "she is different".

Unless one is a sex addict, and everyday in the NL is about the same idea, there are thresholds people pass partaking. And you can easily get back to square one , even after years of enjoying.

The guy who falls easily for a girl after week one, and taken at it, it's his own shortcomings about women that do him wrong. It's not about reasoning, or being warned. He probably could be heard one hour before saying the same thing Stick or others can write, and one hour after too, IME (except "she is different"). Some guys have a fuse ready to blow, and the excitement of sex and NL will easily create the short-circuit. Brain functions at half-mast after that.

In a way, what I am saying is that rather than describe the habits of the girls 99% of the time to define the scene, why not spend a little time going in depth about the other half of it, the guys, and go beyond a few generalizations like sucker, scene-weary sexpats and good samaritans punters. We have made this scene, all of us, as much as the girls did. We deserve the same scrutiny as they do.

Last, if someone thinks there is something as wrong for a guy to live there and partake for years and years, as someone who falls easily for a scam, I consider it a sensible point. As in: You know all the limits of being with these girls, and for the sake of sex and NL titillation, your sexual life is stalled on a pavlovian gear that keeps you in a ghetto mostly made of tourists, clearly on the fringe of the society you live in.

To this day I remember the incredulous look on his face as he said "Just tell her to stop and she will stop!"

----------------------------------------------------

this guy should be employed by outfits selling devices and therapy to stop the addiction. My own incredulous look would be to answer him "you're sitting on a fortune, dude!".:grinyes:

pattaya127 said:

Fact is, IMO, if you take 2 expats talking about a thai topic they agree about, it will not take too long before they start disagreeing about the underlying facts behind that topic. Free for each one to think one knows better because of his better thai, but I do not think that's the reason.

Yet you consistently have the same thing happen on the board here. Expats think non expats don't have a clue. Guys maried to TG's think that unmarried guys don't have a clue, Guys who "think" they are fluent in the language, think non-fluent guys don't have a clue and guys who live int he villages think that that guys in the city don't have a clue. Simply because one's experience is not the exact same as the other one, people get beside themselves.

That is another reason my I make it a point not to hang out with other farang when I travel to Thailand. I avoid them like the plague. Too many silly Western prejudices, egos and concepts to deal with. I deal with enough of that crap in the States. I would prefer to meet and debate with farang on an internet forum rather than in person.

HIGH_THAIED said:

Fun thread. :D

Understanding the Thai language to any meaningful degree? If you don't/haven't lived there, don't even go there. It's an incredibly hard language to get right, even living there for years. Wanna prove you know your shit?, then go to 'language forum' here, and prove it. If not, then take a seat in the back of the class. I'm still there after 5 years of trying to learn. It is incredibly difficult to get to the point of understanding everything two thai people are discussing. The amount of effort you have to put in to get there, is enormous. Well......it's simply impossible. 1,000's of subtle nuances it would take a lifetime to understand.

HT

5 years of studying and your not fluent? That is terrible, there is definitely something wrong with your regimen or maybe you just don't have a talent for languages.

Reminds me of when I was studying Mandarin, using the texts supplied by my university. Difficult to grasp the tonality with the natural speech rhythms until I started watching childrens shows, cartoons and soap operas. I never achieved fluency because I only had a natural grasp of about 450 chracters out of 4000 but I fulfilled my 2 year language requirement. I could converse but i could not master reading and writing. I don't think one is fluent in a language until one is able to read and write proficiently.

5 years of studying Thai should make you an advanced student and damn near fluent.

following you, not actively seeking the company of farangs (same in SF, no ties with the french community, just friends), but like chance meetings and hooking up with board buddies.

To be fair, conversations live are never taking the level of argumentation we have here, and there are plenty of nice looking chicks passing by to keep the bottom-line securely on top of all topics, which for the ones often discussed here, are often just brushed up, if not off.

The dynamics are different. Here, i can be serious and have fun at the same time, in LOS, less serious and still fun. Common denominator is fun. I contradict people and poke at them, but I don't call them liars, ignorants....Or even rarely dude! :D :D :D

make it a point not to hang out with other farang when I travel to Thailand. I avoid them like the plague

This is my attitude - although I won't deny having met some very interesting Farang folk over the years.

I really can't be bothered anymore, which seems a strange attitide as I do spend my time 24/7 in the Farang places, usually sitting in a bar - but being a self sufficient type who likes his booze a bit too mutt it does not bother me - for me it's also an extended holiday FROM people! (even if I say so myself, I am somewhat of a minority "taste" and 9/10 folk I do not really get on with.............. and the feeling is usually mutual:D :D :D).

Archived