Illusions and Delusions about Bar Girls

Where 127 might not believe anything until he's seen it

-------------------------

I believe everything, and its contrary too. That pretty much covers the scene for me, and a lot of other things in lThailand, and life as well. the reason why i like people to give personal experiences, not grapevine stuff used to insist it's like this and not like that.

To Gadfly again:

I like what you wrote about the girl you helped. Never mind it was non-financial, if that matters to you not to give one buck and tell us so, but see that you helped, the word that matters. So, thanks, here's a personal experience that goes beyond "take them as they come, because they're liars, and pay them to leave".

Hey, living in thailand and still hanging in the scene regularly, maybe you need reforming too.... :), Joking, just making a point we can all look at the other and go on and on about what/why they do or shouldn't do..... As you say, it's a wide industry.

I also think to be sucked in in putting out too much is more the make-up or shortcoming of a guy, you can warn all you want, the" she is different" is one heck of a syndrom no website, no nightlife guide can really fight against. If a guy has that propension in him, he's on his own, when he hits the scene. may take one night, 3 trips, 15 years, but sure as hell, he'll find one that's "not like the others".

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cut the crap and thinly veiled flaming. I am not interested in who was here first or has been going out more or any of that. AGAIN, YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING TOTALLY IRRELEVANT TO THIS THREAD.

The point we are discussing here is whether girls make 200K baht or not. You disputed it. I maintain that there are girls whose earnings reach, or maybe even exceed 200,000 baht.

There is an acronym in one of my posts. Ranger picked up on it as I imagine many others did. That should provide you with info about girls with such high earnings.

To end this, I am going to send a PM to Khun Sanuk and hopefully he will comment on its content.

Stick

Hi,

Yep, got the PM and will back you up on this one. I too have no doubt that there are girls in the farang scene who make in excess of 200K / month. The place you mentioned very likely has a couple who do this.

I do think the percentage is low (likely less than 5%), but have no doubt they exist.

Sanuk!

Gadfly1 said:

Stickman's column this week is particularly interesting. Although I don't necessarily agree 100% with everything he says (I am more cynical about making it work with BGs), I think he hit most of the nails directly on the head.

I also strongly suspect that the issue raised by Stickman in this week's column is the real issue lurking behind some of the threads we have seen here recently. For example, the thread where it was suggested that asking customers to pay bar fines for BGs when they quit is a scam by bar owners. Actually it is generally nothing more than a ploy by BGs to get more money from punters, assurance that she can get her job back after she "quits" or both.

Stickman said a few things that I know some people here will not believe, but I actually think he is right on the money. For example, the money:

Bargirls' salaries vary hugely. The most popular gogo girls and those girls who work in places where they service high numbers of customers can earn up to, and even from time to time exceed, 200,000 Thai baht per month. That is $US5,000 a month and don?t for a moment think that they are paying tax on that figure...
Pretty good wages for indentured servants in Thailand. And I don't doubt for a second that there are some BGs that pull in that kind of money. Another point that hits the mark:
Some guys would be shocked at how many of these girls have boyfriends who have suggested or even explicitly offered to marry them and either move them into their place locally or whisk them off to Farangland. Even some of the most hardened and least attractive girls get such offers often. If you think that you are giving a woman the chance of a lifetime and one that will never be repeated, get such rogue thoughts out of your mind.
If your Thai girlfriend is or was a BG, and good looking, the quote above and the quote that follows is almost certainly true:
She may tell you that she is working in the bar as a cashier and that she doesn?t go with customers but the cashiers can be quite popular. She may say that she is dancing and that she is living off the salary from the bar, ...
I think Stickman was too gentle on this one. He didn't say it, but I will: you can be relatively certain she is going with customers.

Now something I disagree with:

I have seen relationships work with bargirls, and I have seen them fail. The latter being more common. Many of the issues facing these couples are not that dis-similar to the issues facing guys with "regular girls". I wouldn?t like to make a guess at the success rate, but if I was forced to guess, I would say that about 25 - 35 % of such relationships work. Not a great success rate really.
I would be surprised if it is even as high as 10%.

I pretty much agree with just about everything written here.

The last bit about how successful relationships are is a tough one.

If they last a couple of years is that considered successful?

Regardless most of these relationships do not last long but often they fulfil a need at the time.

Just as a side note most of the girls that I have known over the years ended up marrying farangs.

It would be interesting to know what happened to them now.

As a side note it seems these days that if a women is even remotely hot there will be so many guys after her and they will be willing to throw big money at her.

The girls are disappearing very fast out of the bars if they are any good....they often have a couple of sponsors and juggle them around and end up living a very nice life.

In the last couple of months in Pattaya i spent quite a bit of time in the net cafes and it seemed to me that there were girls working exclusively out of these cafes. Sometimes they would jump up in front of the web cams and strike provacative poses and when they were finished with one guy would log on with another guy.

DR,

Lets look at the case you described. An ugly and rough looking girl who you feel sorry for, is getting 80k a month from a sponsor who says he is going to marry her and take in her two kids presumed..

1. getting a hard to believe large monthly stipend regularly (i knew a number of very good looking girls who start to quit bar when payments reach above 25k range) from a sponsor with the intent on marrying her. And she is still working bar? Is she cunning or just plain stupid?

2. with two kids somewhere and now getting financial support with a marriage promise, why wouldn't she be with the kids and getting her life in order?

Yes, will agree with you that the falang takes home the top prize for stupidity IF true but

Sure sound like a fish story to me...

Red flags all around! Trying to save her face in front of a stranger but equally important fellow thai? Thais lie in these types of cases you presented and other thais know it is a lie but it is part of the game and what is expected from both parties involved...

CB

The last bit about how successful relationships are is a tough one.

If they last a couple of years is that considered successful?

Regardless most of these relationships do not last long but often they fulfil a need at the time.

Good point. Not only would it be hard to measure the percentage of successful relationships, but the definition of a "successful relationship" would be hard to provide and open to debate.

I can't provide a definition, but I can give you my comments on your example: if a relationship only lasted two years and it was stormy one filled with deception and acrimony, I would not consider it successful. I certainly wouldn't consider it pleasant.

I have seen guys go through these sorts of "relationships", and they are always much happier when they are over. This, unfortunately from my perspective, is a case where it worse to live in Thailand, since the financial demands and histrionics will continue even after the realtionship ends. Sponsors can simply stop sponsoring and disappear for a few months.

But the sponsors are more likely to be fooled, and the number of naive sponsors and the machinations that BGs employ to prevent one sponsor from knowing about another are absolutely amazing. I strongly suspect the internet is largely responsible for this. Fortunately, the internet also provides a mean for having clear headed and open discussions about these sorts of issues.

The GF later told me a UK guy was sending the girl 80,000 baht a month and that he was going to marry her (with two kids and saggy tits) with 200,000 sin sot and 10 baht gold.

Gadfly and ib13 both covered it pretty well regarding what BG's lie about and why. In the case you present, I would suggest that she is probably getting 8,000B a month and is stretching the truth just a bit to gain face.

Ranger

Gadfly,

Another illusion/delusion to discuss about these very same 200K+B girls (or all bargirls) is how many of them have Thai boyfriends as well that they go home to or meet up with after their multiple ST's and juggle between their LT sponsor's visits and oftentimes support their lazy asses.

I witnessed this first hand when I spent 3 days with a gal in Pattaya. Found out the first night that she had a Thai BF (she called him her "gig"). The 3rd night, she gets a call and after she finishes her "job", tells me she has to leave and give the apartment key to the "gig".

Not often you will find a girl that's honest about that though. "No have Thai boyfriend" "No like Thai man" "Thai man no good" are the standard lines. I would guess the % of upper echelon go-go girls that have Thai bf's is upwards of 50%.

Ranger

Archived