You Buy My Friend Drink?

"No! I will not buy your friend a drink. I will not buy your cashier a drink. I will not buy your mamasan a drink. I will not buy your bartender. I will buy YOU a drink. I just want to to talk to ONE girl and not be hassled about buying everyone and the buffaloes they rode in on drinks."

Or words to that effect. I don't go into bars to be taken advantage of and shell out a wad of cash for expensive coca colas that the girls don't really want anyway. I prefer bars that don't try to get you to buy drinks for multiple girls, but of those that pull that, I've noticed 2 types: The ones that are okay with it the moment you make it clear you'll do o such thing; and the ones that keep pressing. The latter kind, I leave as soon as possible and rarely go back to.

And it seems that more and more bars are trying this schtick, many more than used to.

Case in point: The other night I ventured into Jungle Jim's on Soi Cowboy. Yeah, they usually try it, I know, but I've had good luck there taking a girl into their ST rooms upstairs, and they usually back off when I say No to the others. But the other night, I go in, wander towrad the back, settle into a seat, and I expected to see 3 or 4 girls all about to hit me up for a cola, but goddamned if at least 10 of the bitches hadn't followed me in a line all the way back. No, no, I just was not in the mood for that. I just shook my head pitifully, said "No way" and left. Being too greedy cost the bar what would have been a sure barfine, as I had a particular girl in mind, and the cost of a few drinks for myself and a few colas for one young lady.

I hear ya. I mean, I can understand that many bars may be hurtin' for business, but they are trying to hit-up customers on both price and volume. They need to realize that there's a certain "tipping point" where customers will say "fuck this shit" and simply stop coming altogether.

And if they think they can stick it to the newbies who are on their first trip, they'd better realize that - with websites like this - newbies can now arrive well-armed with knowledge of all sorts of ripoffs/scams. That wasn't typical several years ago, before the advent of the Web.

I agree, BK. I'm not overkeen on the practice either. I don't mind buying drinks for more than one girl I know or would like to know, but 10 queueing up is a bit over the top.

Obviously you aren't the greedy bastard who walked into Carousel GoGo, Pattaya a week ago and barfined 16 girls all for himself leaving stage bare - I hope he died a very long and pleasurable death, or at least had a bad back the next day! :)

>>I just shook my head pitifully, said "No way" and left. Being too greedy cost the bar what would have been a sure barfine, as I had a particular girl in mind, and the cost of a few drinks for myself and a few colas for one young lady.

... did you shoot yourself in the dick though by walking out? Afte all, rather than a sure thing, you were down to only the last 9,999 girls elsewhere. :grinyes:

:beer:

BK,

I used to go to that Irish joint in Soi Cowboy where I could enjoy the view over a view cold ones and not too packed with people and certainly no greediness to be found as explained by the thread starter. Ugly but nice girls to talk to but since a bitchy naggy sticky greedy girl/waitress/cashier returned from upcountry I decided to leave that place for what it is.

Might go back and check someday if she's there or not but doubt about my luck. And hers :)

liquidflux said:

I dont mind buying a drink for a girls friend if she sticks around to chat, and is cute! Problem is once you buy one, every other girl in the place thinks she should get one too.

Hehehehehe !!!!

Then why not ..."Give her one"....."give 'em all one".....

and a drink as well.........

Shooters for starters.......and you for dessert...LOL..

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer::sex::beer:

BK,

If her friend is a hottie, I'm more than happy to buy her a drink as well. One girl in each arm can be a good thing. One thing that does piss me off a bit is the "special" overpriced lady drinks in some bars (150B for some slush concoction served in a Champagne glass). Especially when they don't ask if it's ok first. I may have to amend "You want drink?" to "You want COLA?" in the bars that do this. I'm not a cheap charlie, but don't like what I perceive to be a blantant rip-off either. Then there were the 2 girls I barfined and took out barhopping who only liked Corona beer at 180B ("only beer that taste good") ::. Put my foot down on that one real fast.

Ranger

Big_Kahuna said: But the other night, I go in, wander towrad the back, settle into a seat, and I expected to see 3 or 4 girls all about to hit me up for a cola, but goddamned if at least 10 of the bitches hadn't followed me in a line all the way back.

I remember Sorn's (Toy Bar, Jungle Jims, etc) boyfriend of some years back trying to persuade her to restrict the number of girls to a maximum of 4 per customer but she wasn't interested.

got hit up by three girls in baccara once, i didnt mind so much as it was my second to last nite and i was pissed as a fart. all were quality too so it was good to watch every other punter in the room watch me do the old 3 tongues in one mouth trick. mind you when the bill came the joke was on me. i don't remember saying it was ok for all the girls to have a drink in fact i gestured to one and somehow ended up with three.....i think they can tell when you are pissed and ready to be taken advantage of :sex:

Big_Kahuna said:

But the other night, I go in, wander towrad the back, settle into a seat, and I expected to see 3 or 4 girls all about to hit me up for a cola, but goddamned if at least 10 of the bitches hadn't followed me in a line all the way back. No, no, I just was not in the mood for that. I just shook my head pitifully, said "No way" and left.

You were lucky that you still had the use of your legs to leave. Many years ago on my first trip to BKK I ventured in to Jungle Jims after having been on a 10 hour drinking session. I was also followed to my seat at the bar by about 10 girls but could not resist buying them all a drink, eventually they formed a ring around me and were taking it in turn to give me a hand job and occasionally a blow job. When I eventually left I think the bill was in the region of 5,000 baht.

Archived