Hmong Man Found Guilty in Hunter Deaths

Chlp

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets assume he was called a racial slur. Is that enough to shoot and kill the people who said it? If he truly feared for his life, which I am not sure I see in the limited evidence so far, then he had a case.

Its an unfortunate event nevertheless. I hope it doesn't taint hunting, which I'm some would expand the case to be an indictment of.

This got discussed a lot before...

http://board.nanaplaza.com//showflat.php?Cat=&Number=371807&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

I would say he, or his lawyer, chose a poor defense. Being called names isn't enough. He should have tried to show they shot at him first....if they did.

Now I see he did try to show he was shot at but the jury didn't buy it. I think I should shut up. :)

as in most trials things were probably not said by both sides.

the Man himself would have said he was shot at and the survivors would have told a different story.

the Jury just has to decide who they believe.

but Trials which involve People of different Races always worry me.

too many times (like in this case i think) a 'Foreigner' tried by a Jury of locals will probably be found guilty.

i wonder what would happen if a Black Man was judged by 12 other Blacks,or if in this case he was tried by 12 migrant Thais.

Afraid for his life? My understanding is he systematically hunted down a half dozen armed hunters. Myself, I have never believed that murder is always wrong, but that's extreme even for me. Too bad Wisconsin does not seem to have the death penalty.

Archived