Hmong Man Found Guilty in Hunter Deaths

Chlp

Hi!

What have you got, a panel of judges?

In the lowest level court there is one judge a group of people that are assigned by the political parties. They do this full time and can therfore compare different cases. The judge can instruct them on what the law says just as I beleive the judge can instruct the jury in an Anglosaxon court. This does of course not mean that some real weird verdicts are not reached. In higher courts everybody residing is of the legal profession but I don't think they are all refered to as judges.

The judge told me that you never know what is going to happen when you go into a jury trial. The decision can go anyway

This can happen in our system to. When I was a boy my dad was invovelved in a traffic accident. A woman was severly injured. She told the police that he was driving to fast in his big expesive American car so she placed her car across thae road to block his way and teach him a leasson. You can probably picture what happens when a Kaiser Darin hits a VolksWagen at hi speed. My father was convicted and when his lawer asked how many of those who convicted him had a drivers licence the answer was nobody. Just like your mother my father decided not to appeal and just get on with his life.

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< The point is if he shot in self defence. >>

It is not self defence when you hunt them down and kill them when they are trying to flee. Even in the US you can only shoot someone who is actively threatening you, say approaching you in your home. If an armed robber flees out of the window, you are NOT allowed to shoot him in the back as he runs away down the street.

Perhaps this fellow fired originally in self defence. But tracking down and killing every one of them turns it into murder.

Then again, I ask what his experiences were in Laos. From what I understand, the Hmong and the North Vietnamese soldiers did not take prisoners!

Flashermac said:

<< The point is if he shot in self defence. >>

It is not self defence when you hunt them down and kill them when they are trying to flee. Even in the US you can only shoot someone who is actively threatening you, say approaching you in your home. If an armed robber flees out of the window, you are NOT allowed to shoot him in the back as he runs away down the street.

<snipped>

Then again, I ask what his experiences were in Laos. From what I understand, the Hmong and the North Vietnamese soldiers did not take prisoners!

Actually, the "fleeing felon rule", while originally a common law doctrine, has been codfied in most (if not all) states and varies. It not only varies as to what crimes/circumstances lethal force may be used, but often differentiates between "private persons" and law enforcement officers. In California, police ARE allowed to cap fleeing felons. Only a few weeks ago, the locals picked off a bank robber (after a hot pursuit on the streets); felon, unarmed driver of the getaway car, was climbing a fence. He didn't make it over. :)

HH

Hi!

The point is that we don't know what happened. Even in Sweden it is not allowed to shoot a fleeing person. Not even for the police if the person is not posing an immediate threat. Of course just like in any country the police kill people and get away with it.

regards

ALHOLK

P.S In Sweden it is also not alowed to shoot a foreign student that knocks on the door to ask for directions.

"...P.S In Sweden it is also not alowed to shoot a foreign student that knocks on the door to ask for directions..."

Here it is also not allowed, yet in the jerk water states, people get away with it. Now keep that in mind, and consider Minnisota is a pretty white state, and it is possible these guys started with him, causing him to fear for his life...no idea what happened, but I do know how some of these assholes think...so well hope the truth comes out in the end...frankly I have my doubts about the white guys being 100% innocent...getting killed for yelling names is wrong, yelling names and scaring a guy while you are holding a weapon and in a group of other armed guys looks a bit different...

Guest lazyphil

I tell you what was out of order, something I just heard on the Thai jungle drums here, a 15 year old Thai lad who arrived here not long back to be with his mum here, cant speak English, was beaten up, ribs broken, black eyes, by 6 yobs on a bus, unprovoked, fucking assholes :(.....now this gun nut gunned down 6 men in cold blood on PRIVATE land, an old cliche, if he cant do the time then dont do the crime. simple. And about jerk water Minnesota, if an Asian acts respectfully there, they will get treated the same way back.

I have a friend, just as white as I am, who was used for amusement by some alleged deer hunters in East Tennessee back in the early '90s. He was minding his own business, when they spotted him and started shooting. They were trying to see how close they could get to him without hitting him! He worked his way through the woods and eventually got away from them, but they ran him for nearly half an hour.

That is one reason that we usually go armed when we go out down in that neck of the woods. Such fun loving folks tend to get a little less gun happy when you show can return fire at them -- and are not trying to miss.

p.s. East Tennessee is hillbilly heaven.

Archived