Aussie Miss Thailand Says No to Long Time

Torneyboy

A week of reigning as Miss Thailand was long enough for Australian winner Angela McKay to realise she wanted to come home to Sydney.

The Perth born beauty who won three awards in the Miss Thailand pageant,resigned yesterday.

The 20 year old has had a hectic week in Thailand and could not bear the thought of living overseas for another 18 months as the contract required.

Oh dear the poor girl...what now?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the title T-Boy.

Absolutely STUPID for Thailand to pick a Luk Krung who doesn;t live here. She's NOT representative of the country.

Now if she won the Australian Title, that would make since, since more than 30% of Aussies aren;t Anglo Saxons any more,

However for Thailand to do it just shows the in built hatred of their own people and looks.

Good to see in the paper that there is a NEW and BETTER whitening cream available!

DOG - Mixed breed

Yes a sooky girl i think daddy may have oulled the plug .

How is the runner up going to feel.....and the other two titles she won :banghead:

can you name any other girl in the world...20years old........ ,money ,fame,beauty,world travel,Sony BMG contracts ,TV...and and and ....i cant...they would jump at the chance this girl has thrown away....

She wont work in that town again....

limbo said:

Aussie wimp.

Was she forced to step down? Who was the guy holding her hand, a boyfriend is a big nono and reasons for sacking.

Why the f*** did she participate in the first place if she's resigning after a week?

Agree.....maybe the Dad??

What a waste of a shot at fame and fortune for a 20 year old ::

I think we all agreed that she shouldnt have entered the contest when you made your *first* post on this, TB, but I think we'd all agree that Thailand is a culture shock, even for those of us who dont have any expectations placed on them by the Thais. Imagine being 'Miss Thailand' and having little real understanding of the people or the customs - jeezus - and then add the naivety of a 20-year old girl. I'm surprised that she lasted 24 hours.

I like Asia's mega-cities, but I couldnt live in BKK (or Jakarta, Hong Kong, Singapore for that matter) : not all of us are cut out for big city life ::

Don't know about Oz, but in the US beauty contests are big business for the gals. They enter contest after contest, winning some and gaining experience as well as prize money. When the gal from Los Angeles became Miss Thailand, she had won numerous lesser titles in the US. She was an experienced contestants -- which the local gals weren't.

Could well be this Oz sheila didn't really expect to win and was maybe hoping only for a runner up slot. She couldn't handle being Miss Thailand for an entire year. Miss Any-country has to do all sorts of publicity events and is in the public eye for the whole time.

Archived