I fear for the mental health of a regular poster

-.-.-

Thanks OH - its reassuring to know that I remain the centre of this miserable #%^#$$^&! universe :neener:

Sometimes when I think back on my relatives (particularly on my mothers side ..), I wonder how I'm able to maintain this facade - holding down a job, paying my taxes and paying compliments to women of the opposite sex. By rights, I should be a dribbling basketcase by now. :: :: :drunk:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It slipped through the discussion on this thread chuckwoww but that paper on the work ethos of the Thai male resort bar manager was quite a fascinating read, particularly the case study of 'Cheep'.

When I first visited Thailand I was curious to see how the Thais used the word 'farang', that is, in a derogatory sense in the way that some caucasians might racially categorise asians by separating 'them from us' or simply descriptive of predominantly white skinned westerners, large nose, big cock, insanely modest etc. I digress.

Walking Sukhumvit and the like I couldn't help wonder how the Thai male *really* felt about <gross generalisation approaching> lecherous white guys f_cking their women. Resentment or acceptance.

Walking Sukhumvit and the like I couldn't help wonder how the Thai male *really* felt about <gross generalisation approaching> lecherous white guys f_cking their women. Resentment or acceptance.

I often wonder about that too. Certainly they put up with a lot more than we (Westerners) would if the situation was reversed. I think there is resentment in some quarters and it flares up now and again. Mostly though I don't think they care too much as long as they feel we're just getting their leftovers. Just about every Thai girl I meet tells me she doesn't like Thai men. :)

What was the topic again?

How would you feel if the situation were reversed? :: I don't think there's any way that Thai men aren't "upset" by that fact that Thai women prostitute themselves to foreigners. :o

On Thai women who claim to not like Thai men, I think they are referring to Thai men without money. When they say they prefer Farang men, it's the ones with money they like best. :dunno:

On Thai women who claim to not like Thai men, I think they are referring to Thai men without money. When they say they prefer Farang men, it's the ones with money they like best. :dunno:

I'm mainly thinking of village girls. I suspect some of them aren't too crazy about the cousins/boyfriends who beat then up, get them pregnant and dump them. But it's amazing what some of them will put up with. Those mengda know which buttons to press. :)

I do feel sorry for any decent young Thai guy (and there are plenty) who has to watch his girlfriend go off to Bangkok to screw falang.

"...I do feel sorry for any decent young Thai guy (and there are plenty) who has to watch his girlfriend go off to Bangkok to screw falang..."

Imagine you are a guy, married, have a kid, and the wife goes off to BKK to work in her old bar for a month, so you'll have some money...how can that guy show his face when she returns with the cash? It amazes me that the first thing these girls do when there is a money crunch is run off to screw farangs...with no regard for the husband and kid...it kind of proves my point that they never leave the business...sure they bought the house, or the cows or whatever, but now, the roof leaks, the cow is sick, the truck broke, brother had another accident...and what do they do...?

Although this thread started with an unnamed guy in San Francisco with 9842 posts going off the deep end and considering drilling whitey in Vallejo, and my lack of ability to save him from himself, it has touched on a more important topic.

I think the market for falang is a smaller part of this. I would bet that far, far more women end up in Thai places when there is a financial crunch.

A lot of guys I know think that we are getting only leftovers in the bar circuit.

If so, what great leftovers!

I think the market for falang is a smaller part of this. I would bet that far, far more women end up in Thai places when there is a financial crunch.

A lot of guys I know think that we are getting only leftovers in the bar circuit.

If so, what great leftovers!

Agree. Most of them are just following a well-worn path. A lot of the girls get knocked up very young in the villages. Usually by young guys with no money and no prospects. They become damaged goods. Someone tells them about the bar business and pays the fare to Bangkok. Or they have a friend/sister already there. The baby stays with mama, the girl sends money home.

A lot of them are scared of falang so they feel safer in Thai fish-bowl places. The go-go dancers are the smart ones. If they are really smart they do well. Save money, go home, buy a house. Or if they don't go back maybe they get lucky and meet falang jai dee... :)

Archived