alimony???

FAT_AUSSIE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im in Oz now and I cant leave to get to BKK to see a lawyer...otherwise i'm there.

Thing is from day to day I need to keep things going with my missus at the same time as getting info about my situation...

I did speak to a lawyer on the net but did detect a bit of a shonk and I was really unclear about everything with my thai as good as his english...

I am hanging to get the lowdown but I will need to get that from a personal visit to a lawyer in BKK I guess...

Like I said I have not heard of alimony before(only on american tv) and now from this clakker in BKK.

Alimony-does that mean that she has some right even if I have my daughter to some sort of lifesyle at my expense similar to that she has now even if our marriage is finnished???

I have fine legal advice in my own country but as I am married in Th and not married in this Aus there is no advice to be given here, and as I said if I could leave Australia I would do it within a heartbeat and be in a BKK solicitors office post haste.

Thankyou all the same guys.

no our marriage is not registered at the Australian embassy, and in Australia she only has the rights of a putitive spouse, or the same as that of a defacto spouse, and within 2 years of our relationship ending she has no leagal right to anything...ok in aust but TH??? I don't want to have to pay for bullshit I wont pay and end up blacklisted from LOS

There is not supposed to be spousal support in Oz.

There are stange splits of assests. Typicaly 60/40 but this is not set in stone. As the "noncustodial parent" usually ends up with the 40%

There are some very interesting versions of child support based on assessed income, rather than tax returns.

The wild and wooly folk from the CSA have some interesting ideas as to what a person can earn, or can be deemed to be able to earn. They can deem to earn $X even if you are on unemployment benifits. I have had that discussion. If you are silly enough to take a lesser paying, lower stress job, you can be deemed to be avoiding "you responibilities" and they will fix you with a support level at your old income. :banghead: You will win eventually if you go to court but you have to eat a lot of instant noodles in the mean time.

This is not supposed to be spousal maintenance, but money to support the child/ren. These are fixed % of pre-tax income as defined by the CSA act. 1 kid 18%, 2 kids 27%, 3 kids 35% then you pay tax 30-50%. Why work?:cussing:

I will stop froffing at the mouth now and go have quiet lie down.

Anyone wanting more info on the OZ system and some help, usually without the use of lawyers, PM me

Chang

Archived