alimony???

FAT_AUSSIE

FA,

The way I understand it, as long as you're married legally at the local Amphur, yoiu're legally married worldwide. If the marriage is registered, you're married, simple as that.

Did you receive a marriage certificate?

That's the way me and my missus are married and it's a valid worldwide marriage, no need to register this in Holland, my country of origin.

The best thing to do however is to get in touch with local Thai lawyers. Anybody out here has a reference for Fat Aussie, since it seems that the guys he was talking to didn't cut the cake.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FA,

I don't know much about the laws neither in Thailand nor in Australia.

I see it from a prcatical point of view. Even if your wife agrees that you should only pay for your daughter, this will be a nice monthly income in thailand, and it's not going to your daughter.

The other thing is you want your daughter to be in Australia with you. Once you achieved that I see no reason why you should pay anything to your wife. And best of all, how will your wife claim alimony then? As hopeless as you getting your daugter while she's with her mother in Thailand.

Btw, good you went to a thai lawyer. But damn, don't try to save money in the wrong place. Get one you can talk to on the phone, not over the net. Net is for sending documents, but talk to the lawyer on the phone. It's too important and complicated. Then you will see if he (or she) understands you.

And come on, how will your wife get you blacklisted. She doesn't have any influence after all.

Archived