Gyros man missing in action on Soi 5

gene1944

Anyone know what happened to the Egyptian guy who makes gyros (kebabs)on Soi 5 outside the tunnel near the Amari Hotel? He hasn't been at his machine for the last three nights.

His gyros are pretty good and the price is great (50 baht for beef or chicken). His machines are still there on the street but no sight of him or his Thai gal helper. Hope they are back soon.

He was always looking over his shoulder when making them, I figure/speculate no work permit. Yes, good tasting and cheap, a nice change from the local fair! I think there is a place or 2 over on Soi 3, on the right as you head towards the Grace...god I miss LOS...think I'll getdrunk, wank, and mail myself a check for a sick cow...

Sorry your guy is missing. The stand right before the Grace hotel as you head there from Nana, on the same side of the soi as it turns from 4 to soi 3 has some kick ass Gyros. One of the best I have ever had if not the best. Head past Suk from Soi 4 and stay on that side. Then pass two seven elevens and a family mart and you will see him on the right side just before the Grace. If you do not like I will reimburse you the 50 baht... Gyros are to die for there...

Oneye

Thanks for the Soi 3 tip and will give it a try.

Also, found out from one of the other vendors on Soi 5 that my Egyptian vendor headed back to Egypt for a few weeks of Ramadan celebration. His expected return is around Oct 12. Mystery of the missing gyros vendor is now marked "solved".

Oh, the Thai "Kebob" (satay) vendor near Nana Plaza? ok yeah, I know that one. Not bad. I also like the Gyros onSoi near the Grace. A lot of good middle eastern food in BKK. I want to try the Persian place on Soi 3, headed from Nana, it's on the left side...anyone been?

• 3 weeks later...
oneyejacks said:

Sorry your guy is missing. The stand right before the Grace hotel as you head there from Nana, on the same side of the soi as it turns from 4 to soi 3 has some kick ass Gyros. One of the best I have ever had if not the best. Head past Suk from Soi 4 and stay on that side. Then pass two seven elevens and a family mart and you will see him on the right side just before the Grace. If you do not like I will reimburse you the 50 baht... Gyros are to die for there...

Oneye

I'll second that! Best shwarma's in the world. Not sure how similar they are to Gyro's. Quite similar I think. Make sure you go to the right one. There is one on the way but it's not nearly as good. This one is in a little booth right on the corner of the Grace hotel parking lot. Even arabs think they are the best!

Archived