THE CHANG BEER JINGLE

"kon tai rueh plau

คนไทยหรือเป่ลา

Are you thai or not?"

/ = SLIDE \/\/\/\ = VIBRATO

note----play through twice

len plaeng krung song krung

เล่นเพลงครั้งสองครั้ง-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T---------------------------------------------------------------5--------------------------

A------6/7---7--------------6/7-\/\/\/\---6/7--7---7--------7----5---------------

B-----------------5---6/7----------------------------------------------------7-\/\/\/\-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A

kon nai kon tai ja roo dai ngai

คนไหนคนไทย จะรู้ได้ไง

Which person is thai? You will know that you can be.

G A

taa me narm jai keu kon tai nae norn

ถ้ามีน้ำใจคือคนไทยแน่นอน

Cirtainly if you have a thai spirit.

jai glah jai graeng chow lohg yog yong

ใจกล้าใจแกร่ง ชาวโลกยกย่อง

Brave and strong. World's people quietly lifted,

G A

kor morb reeun tong

ขอมอบเหรียญทอง

ask for a gold medal.

F G A

hai kon tai hua jai chaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!

ให้คนไทยหัวใจช้าง

Gives a thai, an elephant's heart (the size of)

this is the beer chang jingle . i just pasted it into the message thinggy and my GUITAR TAB has stuffed up a bit but it's a good song don't u think?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without any diacritical marks to give a guide as to pronunciation,I think its almost impossible to teach thai words and phrases to beginners - tones are pretty vital - example,the various meanings of MAI,it can mean silk,wood,new,mile etc. depending on tone.Solution - consult a long haired dictionary. wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

• 3 weeks later...

I guess we dont have to agree on everything but I think a newbie can be taught the basics of thai without the need for the tonal differences at the begining the Thai's are very proud when you make an effort to speak theyre language and will help you with the correct tonal differences as you go along. As you progress you will become more familiar with the tonal differences but restasured you will need years to be able to recognize them in a conversaton with a thai speaking normally.

Archived