Daily killings in the south - Its fucking crazy!

chilli13

rickfarang said:

When neither side is willing to consider yielding in their demands, there can be no negotiation. Its as simple as that. And as sad as that.

As far the the "leader of the free world"'s comments, I will only say we've been hearing this same song played over and over by his administration, and there is aboslutely no evidence that any of the "Islamic radicals are seeking to "enslave whole nations..." ::

He is simply trying to scare the sheep into his side of the pasture. What is disturbing is that nearly half of the Americans believe this nonesense to some degree or another. :banghead:

It's sounds like he's pulling out all the stops on that one. He (or someone) obviously thinks Americans aren't scared enough.

As for the Pattani problem....I wonder if there are any 'behind the scenes' negotiations going on? What is really stopping the Thais from saying...go ahead, take it, good luck? What is Malaysia's position? Many questions, no answers.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

As far the the "leader of the free world"'s comments,

There is no leader of the free world. That's what makes it free.

As far the the "leader of the free world"'s comments,

I disagree with you here. It is the prime objective of all religieous fanatics to enslave anyone that that won't accept their drivel. The main difference being that the christian fanatics have acces to an immensly larger millitary power.

regards

ALHOLK

Guest lazyphil

Bush has quite a few Jews in his circle?...Wolfawitz is a Jewish name. Bush is trying to secure our oil, nothing to do with religion imo.

The more I think about this Pattani thing the more I think it's time to let them have their own state. Maybe with some kind of loose affiliation to Thailand and Malaysia. Perhaps hold a referendum using outside observers to find out what the people really want. (Or has that been tried already?)

I doubt if the ordinary people there want a handful of fundamentalist nuts running things. The Malaysians sure don't and they know how to handle them.

I think the crazies out number the law enforcment/army.

Probably lots easier to get some nutcase to do your bidding ( the religious leaders just sit back and watch) than to train ( or even recruite) army or police.

The suggestion of giving up some provinces may work for a while, but after all its about power, not what is due some underdogs.

like moving the border with malay up a bit, how many years till it reaches bkk, and all points n/s/e/w

pasathai said:

I think the crazies out number the law enforcment/army.

Probably lots easier to get some nutcase to do your bidding ( the religious leaders just sit back and watch) than to train ( or even recruite) army or police.

The suggestion of giving up some provinces may work for a while, but after all its about power, not what is due some underdogs.

like moving the border with malay up a bit, how many years till it reaches bkk, and all points n/s/e/w

30,000 plus additional police and security forces according to that article SiamIam posted.

I thought PULO was more of a nationalist movement than anything else. The muslims have religious freedom already but they want an autonomous state.

My thinking was that if you take away the emotional appeal the nuts are left isolated. I'm sure most ordinary people there just want to get on with their lives. I had no idea they want to take over the world.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/pulo.htm

Interesting article in the press here a few days ago remembering first sitting of parliment in the 30's.

One speech given was by a Pattani elected member who told parliment he came from another country until it was taken by the Thais in the early 1900's.

Interesting.

I have a good book on the history of the area, written by a disident, seems the mistake they made was to back Burma in attacking Authaya,

Thais dont forget

DOG

The situation down south is FAR WORSE than reported or generally know by even the Thai public here. A friend of mine a highly place military officer said many many unreported killings are taking place < The number of people who have died even of just a few days ago was shocking.

Its a major far reaching problem.The Thais will NOT give up any land and fighters are arriving to organize from many countries. :(

Bush is a power driven maniac and will surely when the dust settles go down in history of one of the worst of the American presidents IMHO. What an amazing manipulator of American thought and pereception.Embarrasing...

jitagawn said:

The situation down south is FAR WORSE than reported or generally know by even the Thai public here. A friend of mine a highly place military officer said many many unreported killings are taking place < The number of people who have died even of just a few days ago was shocking.

Its a major far reaching problem.The Thais will NOT give up any land and fighters are arriving to organize from many countries. :(

Bush is a power driven maniac and will surely when the dust settles go down in history of one of the worst of the American presidents IMHO. What an amazing manipulator of American thought and pereception.Embarrasing...

I don't know if he's so much a power driven maniac - just an incompetent from the "bigger hammer" school of diplomacy. And the Republican party have become past masters at using fear as an effective tool in American politics; that's how Bushie got elected in the last election. Too many people voting out of fear, instead of hope. Man, I wish I could vote for Clinton again; worst I could say about him was that he had questionable taste in cock smokers! A "Lewinsky", anyone? ::

monkey39

Archived