Greng Jai

nordicman

I might want to say this to my TG to put her in her place. I want to remind her that she is of a lower hierarchical position and she is not having consideration for my feelings.

Do you think I can use this? I mean is it not obviously inappropriate?

Say it as I spelt it? Tone?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I understand you.

Greng Jai (mind someone's feelings) will not put her in her place. She will likely ask you WHY you feel greng jai, she'll be interested in your reasoning, which may put her in her place depending on the content and how you bring it.

I understand the point you make that she's not having consideration for your feelings. But you also say you'd like to remind her of her lower hierarchical position :: Does this hold any relevance to the case? I doubt it.

"and the hierarcheal part.

Since I am the older one with the money"

From her and her familys POV you're on her level (and her age) in the hierarchy if you're thinking the thai way. If you're thinking it in a western way go on with that without involving thai thinking - even if I asscociate that with blackmail and bullying. ::

elef

Elef:

I figure, since she has used all the tricks in the book, I want to have at least a couple of my own, not to put her down (really, 'cause I have yet to do that in 4 years), but to keep the situation from escalating. You see, I plan on breaking-up with her when I get back to Thailand. She has lied and lied to me since I was last there, has moved with all my stuff. I am just trying to get at least a bit of my stuff back---somehow--just looking at options.

Archived