You Know You're Living In 2005 When.....

BelgianBoy

1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

4. You email the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have email addresses.

6. You go home after a long day at work and still answer the phone in a business manner.

7. You make phone calls from home and accidentally dial "9" to get an outside line.

8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies!!!

10. You learn about your redundancy on the 11:00 news.

11. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.

12. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

13. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

14. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around and go get it.

15. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

16. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)

17. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

18. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

19. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

20. You actually scrolled back up to check to see that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

And now you are laughing at yourself.........

BB

'15. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee'

i don't understand this concept of getting up in the Morning,very strange to me...........:dunno:

last time i got up early was at 12pm in BKK which meant 6am in the UK.

but working Nights for 3 Years means i am going home when the plebs are all going to work............ :elephant:

what a great feeling when it is cold and raining and i can just snuggle up in bed with the GF and forget it all........... :grinyes:

BB,nothing else on your list applies to me.

guess i must be living in 1805........... :beer:

BTW whats a cell phone?.

you check the traffic report on tv before heading out to decide which routes to take.

you wonder why people with the big suvs never figured out how to use their turn signals.

you see really big suv in handicapped parking space and no longer wonder how they climb in and out

you always watch your speed when driving past crusty creme donut shops ( sub station for highway patrol)

you pass an old lady in traffic that reminds you of your grandmother ( and she gives you the finger)

when you vote in and election for the least offensive of candidates ( not just 2005 unfortunatly)

<<4. You email the person who works at the desk next to you.>>

Crap - I do this in the office here in Thailand, Engineer reads and writes perfect english but understands very little spoken.

Of course with MY writing, I am changing that ratio!

<<12. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.>>

Even sadder, DarLek calls me when I am downstairs in our 2 story flat to ask me to bring something to her. If she yells I can herar her fine, but she calls!

DOG

Archived