You Know You're Living In 2005 When.....

BelgianBoy

Nervous_Dog said:

<<4. You email the person who works at the desk next to you.>>

Crap - I do this in the office here in Thailand, Engineer reads and writes perfect english but understands very little spoken.

Of course with MY writing, I am changing that ratio!

<<12. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.>>

Even sadder, DarLek calls me when I am downstairs in our 2 story flat to ask me to bring something to her. If she yells I can herar her fine, but she calls!

DOG

Spot on with #4 ND, happens all the time at work, the Senior Engineers are fine, most of them have spent at least 12 months working out of the UK office but the majority can communicate perfectly in written English but have difficulty with spoken.

Corporate policy now is e-mail communication, in fact even under "Communications" of Contracts it states that all Telecon's have to be confirmed by e-mail(in English)before they are recognised as valid, and this even applies to Thai Clients.

As for #12 If our lass is coming home with something she needs a hand with I get the sms saying "I'll be home in n Minutes, I'll call you when I am pulling into the Soi"

I notice ppl heading out in the mornings on their cell phones ( comming out of their home driveways) hard to figure ( unless they are arranging a secret "meeting" for later in the day)

Archived