Prize donations...

Old Hippie

Just thinking it would be nice if guys brought prizes to donate for these contests. Maybe something reflective (and non perishable) from their home countries. Local beers/wines/whiskeys etc...I know I gave some crap wine from Napa, and some San Francisco Micro brews, stuff like that is always good and promotes unity amongst our brotherhood.

Additionally, I enjoy the bitch like atmosphere some of us display during these contests. I know I will be acting extreamely pretensious and artsy during this next one. I hope others will join me!

I am thinking maybe KS can talk to the management at Gullivers, and see if we can get some wall space to hang winning photos on, sort of our own gallery. With a little work, I am hoping we can have our own Film festivel as well! I personally an working on a short film entitled "Punter: Portrait of a drunken loser." An autobiographical piece of course.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thinking maybe KS can talk to the management at Gullivers, and see if we can get some wall space to hang winning photos on, sort of our own gallery. With a little work, I am hoping we can have our own Film festivel as well! I personally an working on a short film entitled "Punter: Portrait of a drunken loser." An autobiographical piece of course.

Great idea. The wall by the hawng nam would be perfect. It gets a lot of traffic and a lot of members hang out there. :)

(I think the photo submissions are great BTW.)

Torneyboy said:

Good idea...should be a great assortment of goodies ::

Yep, with the right timing, it could really work. I suggest a non perishable item, like wine of beer, or hard spirit, indicative of your home country. It would be cool if wecould coordinate the prize to coincide with a national event in the home country...example: Say National "...'roo boinking day" in OZ, in March, then the March prize could be from OZ, or German beers to mark October fest etc... This has serious potential!

OH has been kind enough to give 2 bottles of wine, 6 pack of gay beer and something else I think that I drank by mistake for the comps.

The 2nd winner, who is sadly NOT coming to LOS for a while donated his to end of year,

So - I am HAPPY to accept more prizes, esspecially boose related to donors country.

I am putting up Beer Laos and Tequila for this month,

DOG

Archived