Any SEO geeks out there that can help me?

John_Betong

Hi All,

Is SEO an abbreviation of Search Engine Optimisation and...

...if so, is there any SEO geeks out there that can explain how the Search Engine stuff works? I was under the impression that the search engines just crawled sites and gleaned information from static webpages. With my site does it actually click on the buttons/links and se the results? I know that they must be clever but the programmers must be awesome:)

My site is only a single page that displays search results from a database. According to the webstats information is found in the database?

Strictly for research purposes only! Search for "EJACULATION MASTURBTION SEMEN TESPOON BATHTUB CRICKET" and MY results are:

Position/found Search engine

========= =========

1/3 Yahoo

4/13 Excite

1/46 MSN

1/3 Alt-Vista

0/88 Google

I know that I could do a search and find umpteen references to plough through to try and find the answers but after a long session, less than three hours sleep and a visa-run I would appreciate a quick simple answer. Isn't Thailand wonderful:)

Cheers,

John_Betong

Hi,

The thing is that all those database-driven pages look to the browser (and therefore to the search engine spider) like static HTML pages. These pages are also linked from each other, hence they can all be crawled.

I think Alltheweb has several thousand pages of this board in its index.

Sanuk!

• 4 weeks later...

John,

I don't have a short answer, but I know nit noi.

1. the meta keywords in your header can help.

2. Google has over 15,000 PCs crawling the web. You register

with Google, etc and they say it takes 6 weeks for them to get

you listed.

3. the more links you have to other sites, the better your listing will be, per what Google says.

4. the services that you pay to get you better listed on to the web, may be a waste of money for you. I did not use them.

5. you will need to spend a few hours and search the 'net for the exact info that you need. I invested the time, 2 ~ 4 hours, and it helped.

Mike

Archived