We are now targets

allatsea2000

Don't forget, Prime Minister John Howard has quite skillfully learnt the art of (subtlely) driving fear into the public to get what he wants, e.g. win elections (Tampa, children overboard, Mark Latham fiscal credibility).

The danger of attacks in Australia is much less than say Britain but I wouldn't rule out an attack/s occuring for Australia's part in the Iraq war for instance.

Still, it'd be just as easy to drive a van laden with explosives into NEP on a busy Saturday night as it would to leave a suspicious package at Town Hall Station in Sydney at peak hour... <shudders>

Sure, since The Dickhead has been quoted as saying "the American way of life is non-negotiable" meaning to me (for the context of the phrase) that "why should we change even if fuel is running out."

Well, that makes sense I guess since he is a conservative and by nature/definition they are terrified of change.

Cheers,

SD

OH - Your example is exactly what I was thinking of when I was listening to the radio on the way home this afternoon.

It's becoming evident now down under why we helped out the East Timorese a few years ago (not oil, but gas), I'm suspicious of any major changes to the law.

But you must admit the liberation of East Timor was cleverly done.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2965224.stm

The Oz government learned from the experts. Even human rights activists were happy with that one. Though I understand there is some dispute about royalties at Sunrise. :)

Archived