on the spot HIV examinations...

FAT_AUSSIE

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you or she had refrained from sex you would not have to worry about HIV.

Just kidding.

If you go to bumrungrad they will draw blood and it takes half an hour for your result if you are negative. If you are positive they will not inform you. They will advise that you will get your result in 3 days. In the meantime, they will send your blood sample off to another lab for in depth analysis to either confirm or controvert the positive test result.

Have you thought about what you will do if the lady is positive???? Taking a girl for an hiv test is no small matter.

>Have you thought about what you will do if the lady is positive???? Taking a girl for an hiv test is no small matter. <

Good point. I took my ex GF for all tests at the start of every visit, confident we'd both be OK. But I'm not sure I would have known what I'd do if she tested HIV-Pos.

Thanks for raising this.

Moderators -

Should this thread be in Health?

• 2 weeks later...

I see there are test kits available now - at least i have seen some advertised on the web. Has anybody used these or can vouch for their accreditation? It would make the process a lot easier at least.

Some countries have banned the use and sale of these for obvious reasons but the US, I understand, has just ruled that they can be now sold to the public - is that correct?

Tas

Archived