BS

BelgianBoy

Not really sure of the exact orgin, but basically it means someone is lieing or exagerating the truth a bit. It can also mean that people are wasting time. "we were just bullshitting for a few hours"=sitting around talking wasting time etc...

The orgin may come from the farm country, where such a substance is common. A person would come in and talk a lot, and not really say much, so a farmer would say "bullshit I got, tell/give me something I can use..." Hope that helps...

Hi O.H.,

Thanks for the reply....

I do know the meaning, so dont BS me around, ok ? lol !!! smile.gif" border="0

But where does this come from ???

BTW are you already up, or still awake ????

Belgium is 6 hours behind LOS, what about CA ?

See, now I hijack my own thread... laugh.gif" border="0

I'm off for lunch.....

quote:

Originally posted by BelgianBoy:

Hi O.H.,

Thanks for the reply....

I do know the meaning, so dont BS me around, ok ? lol !!!
smile.gif" border="0

But where does this come from ???

BTW are you already up, or still awake ????

Belgium is 6 hours behind LOS, what about CA ?

See, now I hijack my own thread...
laugh.gif" border="0

I'm off for lunch.....

As I may have previously stated, or halluncinated smile.gif" border="0 I believe the term Bullshit comes from the farming community (so I have been told) the phrase at the time was "manure I got and plenty of it, give me something else..." over time it evolved to it's current form. Amother form at the time was "quit sling your shit over the fence into my yard..." sort of the same as saying enough of your BS I suppose. So as far as where the term comes from, I think this maybe the best explaination I can give. On the other hand, Maybe I am just full of BS smile.gif" border="0...The above explainations were given to me by a Professor of English, so there maybe something to it.

As for California, it is 14-15 hours behind LOS, depending on the time of year, currently 15. I am almost always awake, I have trouble sleeping do to stress, and I work weird hours. smile.gif" border="0

"Over here magic mushrooms grow in bullshit . Hope that helps you in your quest for a better understanding of bullshit."

Must be very magic ones because normally they grow in horse-shit.

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

As for California, it is 14-15 hours behind LOS, depending on the time of year, currently 15. I am almost always awake, I have trouble sleeping do to stress, and I work weird hours.
smile.gif" border="0

Old Hippie,

Thanks, and yes, I know the feeling......

Myself, I get abt 4 to max 5 hours a night.....

Stress.......sh***t !!!! laugh.gif" border="0

Think1st ,I only mentioned mushies as a joke , as I know this type of talk is not welcome on nana , but as you re-raise the issue, maybe they just grown in any shit , but here cattle are much more common than horses , & I have been with people who were into picking many , many in earlier years , & they definetely came from cows , DEFINETELY, in the case of the substrain I witnessed , I belive that they just need the warmth & nutrients of shite. I don't doubt they can grow from horse turd as well . There are many types of mushies , Gold Tops , Blue Meanies , Fly-Agaric .Fly-Agaric are mentioned in things like Alice in Wonderland , red with spots , have to be carefully prepared , some grow under pine tree's in cold climates , others need different conditions . There are many , many different types , so to say they only grow in one place / medium is a bit of a generalisation .

Take care , & I suggest people be careful if they plan on messing with them!! smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

First time I was in Koh Samuii, 17 years ago you could get mushrooms with anything, even as a side dish. There was a huge sign at the side of the road out to Chaweng, Magic Mushroom Farm. I should have got a photo of it, I doubt it's there now!!

Archived