dads tractor

FAT_AUSSIE

The house IS in her name. But I don't care, we both know it will eventually belong to the kids. I'm lucky in that the wife doesn't gamble, drink or buy expensive clothes/ cosmetics. She gets a decent salary too, and contributes her bit, so I don't complain.

Now, the wife does do some stupid things without consulting me, but then again it's usually for the kid's benefit. Like not so long ago the kid wanted a small CD player, I said I'd get a cheapie from Klong Thom. No, my wife gets a good Sony which cost four times the amount - and it still basically plays CDs!

She also wanted to buy a house for the sisters, 'Just help them with the down payment, they will contine every month'... Not on their combined salaries! That got nipped in the bud pretty quick.

The point is, they ALL do it, it's just a matter of degree. Just keep one eye open all the time.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

''I said I'd get a cheapie from Klong Thom. No, my wife gets a good Sony which cost four times the amount - and it still basically plays CDs!''

Yep, thats Thai's for you.... live for today, and bugger the future. Buy a cheapie that plays cd's or a sony that, er, plays cd's... fuck it get the sony honey!! Im starting to learn that thay have nor worrys about the short/longterm future when it comes to money. Im forever explaining shit like this to mine... i remember once she went off to buy an iron. Now, us blokes know that an iron serves one purpose; it gets hot, and thats it. I know full well that Tesco's sell the cheapies for 300B, with an average one costing, i dunno, 800B. She spends 2500. I said to her, ''fuck me, what did you get? A burmese lady in a cupboard?''

Keep one eye open? You need eyes in the back of your head!

FA,

How did she access the money without you knowing in the first place? Do you have a "joint" bank account now that you're married?

Even if you do, wouldn't it have been better to set it up with joint signatures needed to withdraw money? Or does she have an ATM card?

Call my a cynic, but this is something I have never, nor will EVER have with ANYONE. Wife, girlfriend, farang, Thai... never!

Moo Noi

I remember once my girlfriend (now ex) asked if I could lend her brother Bt20k. I refused as I said he had no way of paying me back and I didn't really want 50 satang a week.

I liked that comment "Yep, thats Thai's for you.... live for today, and bugger the future". Totally true.

Archived