dads tractor

FAT_AUSSIE

My wife has recently told me her fathers tractor was bought on tic and needed to be paid off, pronto... so she just went and morgtaged our previously freehold home in Thailand to give her father the pleasure. 200,000 Baht mind you and she did'nt even bother to ask.

Thats a fair descision to make and I'm pissed about not being told until after the fact...what the fuck is wrong with these people??? please tell me this is not what ALL Thai women are ALL about...

Is it just my wife or is this the sort of thing Thai women do in thier marriages???

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Common with Thai women (and men) from the poor part of society.

Life is in the now. They have access to the money so they give it. Little concept of paying for stuff tomorrow or what agreements they enter into.

It doesn't become a big concern until they are being kicked out of the room for back rent or something is being reposessed.

<<burp>>

FA,

So what reason did she give for the tractor needing to be paid off NOW, if it was bought on time/credit? Was Papa way behind on his payments and the company threatening to repossess? I'd be seriously pissed off if my wife did this without asking me first. And now, I'd explain to her that if something happens to you (an accident, job loss, whatever) and you cannot pay the bank on the house that she'll lose the house, but Papa will have his fucking tractor free and clear. Screw that stuff! This is the sort of stuff that can break a Thai/Farang marriage in my opinion.

So now that Papa has his 200,000 baht bill paid off does he intend to pay this new mortgage on your previously freehold home? Or does it fall to you to pay this money?

Cent

Archived