How to bring narcotic pain medication into LOS?

mongatu

Hello bust1,

You made a good point. However, I am not positive that there is such an equivalent agency in the United States. I believe that U.S. Customs would be able to provide useful information, and perhaps a direct answer. And, of course Thai Immigration would be able to answer the question.

There's a link out there somewhere to a Thai Immigration web site that's in English. In my opinion it would be best to have a written answer (with approval if bringing in the medication in question) from Thai Immigration in hand upon arrival, if in fact they deem it necessary at all.

Preventative medicine (pun intended) is always the best way to go!

Getting the 15 mg T&C in Thailand from a doctor is not that difficult. The problem with that for me is that I need to take the #4's which contain 60 mg. codeine (and sometimes need to take 2 of those).

I don't think that is true. I have gotten the Tylenol with 30 mg codeine tablets without any problems. The last time I asked what was the max, and I told them I would take the limit which I think was 50 or 100.

A friend of mine went to the same hospital and tried getting the same tablets and they told him they do not have that drug. He called me and I came over and mentioned to the doctor that I had gotten the drug. The doctor paused, left for a moment, came back and said that after carefully rechecking the policies about the drug, the doctor found that the drug was indeed available and was willing to prescribe.

One other point I'd like to make is that not all hospital pharmacies carry the same medications, never mind the same dosages.

When you are over here, before seeing a doctor at any given hospital, it would be wise to call ahead and ask to speak directly with the pharmacist to inquire about availability.

Of course the other issue to remember; and, I believe this point has already been made, is that each hospital is allocated only a certain amount of certain narcotic pain medications, as well as sleeping aids and other controlled pharmaceuticals. The numbers stocked are on a yearly basis.

Archived