Sydney riots

gobbledonk

gobbledonk said:

Hi Chuck,

Sydney has been a powderkeg for some time - I cant think of anywhere else in Australia where the gap between the very rich and the not-so-well-off is so vast, but the problem with most of these lads isnt extreme poverty, its completely skewed values. The whole 'gangsta rapper' thing really seems to have taken off in Sydney, and the testosterone levels have never been higher. The worst part is that the cops seem completely clueless, and vastly outnumbered - personally, I'd like to see them go in hard, busting heads and handing out 3-5 years for anyone who even looks like taking us down the same dark road that the rest of the world seems to be travelling. I know this sounds like the kind of right-wing talk that saw Hitler come to power, but seeing the cops just stand there and cop bottles etc really makes my blood boil - these fuckers clearly have no respect for authority (both parties - Lebs and the drunken Anglo Australians), and that cant be tolerated. If they want a war, the police have to be prepared to show them that there are consequences.

First you seem to indicate that disparety in income, but in the same time it's not, and the sollution is busting a few heads?

I don't know the cause of the riots so can not comment, but I'm curious to what you try to say with your post.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lazyphil

Just like we all live in Coronation Street, a visitor to our office in Manchester, got mugged yesterday and complained that he went out with his wallet on display and with a laptop around the City centre because he thought no ones gets mugged on the Coronation Street. un fu..... believable but true ::

Back to the thread we have had this in England for years its got nothing to do with poverty or social exclusion its criminals or criminal gangs exploiting the soft PC bridages.

Import some riot cops from Ulster soon sort it out or bring back Gods cop James 'these street belong to me I'll wash the scum off them' Anderton. The man who gave a new use for four black marias side by side in Manchesters streets.

Ckrisg said

Back to the thread we have had this in England for years its got nothing to do with poverty or social exclusion its criminals or criminal gangs exploiting the soft PC bridages.

Import some riot cops from Ulster soon sort it out or bring back Gods cop James 'these street belong to me I'll wash the scum off them' Anderton. The man who gave a new use for four black marias side by side in Manchesters streets.

I think you're right. It's basically just hoodlums and all the race/religion/inequality stuff just provides an excuse for rape and mayhem. But the cops have to be careful which heads they bash. If they pick on the Lebs somebody will scream discrimination. If they pick on the white guys they upset Ozzie nationalists.

I only know what I'm getting from the media but it looks like a delicate situation that could get worse quickly if it's not handled right. Stuff like this throws the whole idea of multi-cultural society into doubt.

Guest lazyphil

<<a visitor to our office in Manchester, got mugged yesterday and complained that he went out with his wallet on display and with a laptop around the City centre because he thought no ones gets mugged on the Coronation Street. un fu..... believable but true >>

Visitor from where?...lala land!

First you seem to indicate that disparety in income, but in the same time it's not, and the sollution is busting a few heads?

I don't know the cause of the riots so can not comment, but I'm curious to what you try to say with your post.

Hi AF,

Many of these kids have money - they just dont have the gold chains/BMW that they'd like (at 16) and they have no intention of emulating their parents in terms of working for it. Thats broad brush, and not all the kids in Lakemba/Punchbowl/Bankstown think like that, but there are enough of them to make the gang recruitment job an easy one. Hitler knew the value of brainwashing young kiddies, and its just so easy for the gangs to do the same.

I stand by what I said about the cops needing to be seen as hard men, and the pollies are certainly pushing that line - once we get a large segment of community with absolutely no respect for the rule of law, its game over. Many Queenslanders suffered the 'Police State' in the 70's and 80's, and a lot of protesters were assaulted in the name of law and order, but I'll take that over anarchy any day of the week.

Archived