Talking dictionary that speaks Thai

zanemay

I made a thourghl search for one of those things not to long ago. I came up empty. There is one out now, that uses removable chips for various formats, such as medical terminology and other technical stuff. I think it does "talk" just not sure if it does in Thai. It was quite pricy as I recall. If you go to Pantip, on the mezzanine, the big store in front had them off to the right of the other electronic dictionaries, and also had posters advertising them. The other problem is, the directions are written entirerly in Thai. Good luck!

Palakik,

I have that same dictionary on disk but haven't loaded it yet, as I have been told It requires Thai windows to operate, is that so? anyway around it?

I went to Phantip Plaza today and came across an electronic dictionary - "Talking Dict." Unfortunately it would not speak Thai words - it was really designed for a Thai speaker learning English.

I want to be able to look up Thai words as I walk around. Now that I see a talking dictionary, I know it would be a benefit. Is there a machine that does this, or will I have to get a paper dictionary.

I have a good little paper one now, but the drawback is that the print is so small, I can't read the Thai characters.

Zane

palatkik, do you know if there is anywhere i can download the So Sethaputra dictionary 4.0? i only have version 2.0 and want to upgrade, i think Panthip is still a 'no software zone'!

Zane May,

I have seen one of the talking dictionary you are asking about. The department store in MBK sells 2 different models. I think the name of the store is 'Toyko'. I found them in the stationay dept. There is also a small stall on the third floor in MBK that also sold one of the same model. I think the price was somewhere around 3500 baht. I was going to get back there and buy one, but ran out of time before returning home. I will buy one in March.

I think I have the business card of the small stall store in MBK somewhere. If you need the name of the store, send me a PM and I will try to find it.

Archived