Thoughts on Washington Square?

Solomick

NONE of it will trickle down to me! And I'll do my best to make sure you get here! You couldn't get a better price through LAX? Still, 56K to Vegas isn't so bad, but bad enough...Give a call when stateside!

Odd I don't remember seeing Ott...sure it was me? When? Where? I think I might have her confused with the old Mamasan there named Mott I thought, who also has a piece of Moonshine in Jomtien...not sure...No desire to go back todrinking...wasn't worth itfor me...I do miss it, but not all the other stuff with it...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wash Sq needs a real cleanup....I have a few pops at the Dublier just to stand smell whilst heading to Sazanka....Its old, run down and I really guided by that Mambo LB joynt...I Enjoy Mehkong Kurt and all but W.S.....NOT!

As I said, they are apparently NOT renewing the leases so slowly all the bars/restaurants/massage or whatever is all there will disappear over the next 2-3 years. If you are seeing anything new going in there that is probably only as part of an existing lease that has not expired yet. That is my understanding of what is happening but you can ask Ott about the details.

I am sure there are some developers eyeing the place and probably even some preliminary plans drawn up but nobody seems to think there are any agreements yet.

One can only speculate what the land is good for but just look at some of the developments surrounding it (Emporium, Queens Park etc.) and you can imagine the possibilities.

Sorry but seems I got the story a bit wrong. Talked to Ned and Ott again and all is not lost. They may or may not renew the leases. Nobody knows for sure. So far there are no indications they are but they very well could. Apparently the buildings are owned or leased by the Nana group who, in Ned's words, "have more money than god" so they can afford to wait if they need the tax writeoff or whatever. The twist is that the land under the buildings is apparently owned by some Chinese and I guess they hold their cards very close to their chest.

Archived