Thoughts on Washington Square?

Solomick

Dumsoda, you are getting the hang of things! A few more posts, and you will really have a clue :) But as I and others love Washington Sq. I say we publically trash it, to keep the Japanese and the rif raff out...save it for ourselves! :)

In all seriousness, A few guys and I were discussing this before...if we like a place should we talk about it to help the business out? or keep quiety so it doesn't get ruined? interesting delema, maybe the subject of another thread...?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vaguely recall myself and another guy getting into a fight with some German who wandered in. The place got trashed, and we were "banned for life." I am guessing we might have more less started it. I am further assuming large quantities of alcohol were involved... I never went back, until a few years ago, I made my peice with the mamasan at the time, and didn't go back until recently. Now all seems forgiven, and all new faces...

Apparently, no leases are being renewed in Washington Square with the last ones ending in 3 years. This includes Silver Dollar. The land is simply too valuable now. This information comes from the owner of Silver Dollar herself who I spoke to about it last night so if you are in denial you can argue with her about it.

EasySt said:

Apparently, no leases are being renewed in Washington Square with the last ones ending in 3 years. This includes Silver Dollar. The land is simply too valuable now.

Any idea what will become of the area, (new bars, malls or more useless car dealerships). ::

This seriously bollocks up my retirement plans, I could always retire now. Have 3 years of complete alcohol abuse then return to work after 3 years, save my liver and replenish the old beer tokens. ::

Who is in denial??? As I said, 2008-09. And of course a LOT can happen to the economy in that timeframe to discourage more unnecessary building.

Thank you for verifying. And you *did* buy K. Ott a drink for her hole-in-one, didntcha? :neener:

Regards,

SD

Uh, you bonehead. We were drinking with her the last time you were in town! She sold the Moonshine in Queen's Park a few years ago. She still owns the Moonshine in Jomtien and Silver Dollar. She has nothing to do with the Cowboy Moonshine.

You should go back to drinking... :clown:

Cheers,

SD

PS - it looks like I'll be flying your airline thru SFO on the 23rd on the way to Vegas for the holidays. Please do not forget to put back any bits in the engines. OK? They are raping me on the ticket price (B56K for econ), so at least I hope some of it trickles down to you, the employee-owner LOL!

Archived