Language school for intermediate speakers?

Crash999

I studied at Union and found them to be effective, but largely inefficient. Further, they only want you to study there if you are going to study a lont time (easy to lie about that) and they only have classes from 7:45 - 11:45 AM every day - nothing else. They are somewhat rigid...

Stick

For what it's worth, i took lessons at "baan pasaa thai" in ploenchit and was happy with the teachers (individual, 16 lessons 1,5 hour B6000). However, i'm very bad in languages so after 20 lessons I stopped because my brain could not handle it anymore without using it frequently. They arrange lessons when you want.

I studied at AUA and really enjoyed the course and method , in fact it was a lot of fun ,and it was economical as well (5 full days a week for 6 weeks - 6000 baht )

I don't know what its like now but am intending to return and hopefully complete my Thai studies there if they have maintained their standards .

regards ghbmike

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by ghbmike:

I studied at AUA and really enjoyed the course and method , in fact it was a lot of fun ,and it was economical as well (5 full days a week for 6 weeks - 6000 baht )

I studied there for about three years with some breaks. Liked it a lot, not sure how effective it was in learning to speak Thai. Good system for learning to understand, read and write. However the prices must have gone up substantially. One study unit of 200 hours should be between 12000 and 15000 baht by now.(covers a little bit less than 7 weeks)

Thanks for your replies. I've spoken to some locals about this and, from the feedback I've received so far, I think I might try 'baan pasaa thai'. I need private lessons, arranged after work during the evening at my office and it sounds like they can manage this.

Cheers!

why not try a private teacher; 1 to 1 lesson are the most effective and efficient way to learn. you can easlily calculate: from what you pay at one school, the thai teacher gets a small percentage; so he/she will be interested to teach you private lessons for a reasonable amount.

• 3 weeks later...

Want to further my studies and once met a japanese girl who studied at Union for a year and she was pretty damn good for that period of time...... would like to give it a shot....

P.S. My thai written and reading skills are pretty good already and my conversation is getting there.... Do they have a course to cater for me? Or is it a 'start from scratch' curriculum?

Can someone out there give me any details on them, i.e. telephone number, email, address ??

cheers

Dan

Archived