expresscashthailand.com

keekwai

Has anyone tried this service yet? The one advantage that it has for me is I need to do a one time transfer of $200 to my bank account in Thailand to cover some bills. Fees seem reasonable enough (cough cough) for this type of transfer including the hit on the exchange rate (which seems to stay at $1 = baht38 for their site)

Comes out to about $25 to transfer $200 + credit card charge or use paypal account. Are there any equal or better alternatives for this type of transfer?

http://www.expresscashthailand.com/index.php

Rates:

ExpressCashThailand.com charges the following fees for services:

$0 - $100 USD = $10.00

$101 - $500 USD = 5%

Additional per transfer fees are as follows:

Direct Bank Deposit $5

Office Pick-up FREE

Post Office Pick-up $5

Personal Delivery $10

-VIP Digital Picture Email Confirmation: $10

ExpressCashThailand.com conversion rate:

$1 = baht38

Thanks for the replies.

@Neo

The hit on the exchange rate was included with the other fees to come up with (roughly) $25 to transfer $200. I agree that for a larger amount of money there would be more cost effective methods. It's expensive but I don't know of a better alternative for this situation and it should be just a one time event. I guess I just wanted someone to hold my hand and convince me it's a legitimate service.

Thing I find unusual is the exchange rate $1=baht38 on that site doesn't seem to change. But they do call it "ExpressCashThailand.com conversion rate" so they can have it be anything they want. Maybe it changes when there is a big fluctuation. (5% x $200) + ($5 direct bank dep.) + $12 (exchange rate difference today) = $27

I would hesitate to use them, EVEN if they were not also collecting bank details and id's for a rainy day - how does their AML work?

I would want to be sure that they were licensed in the LOS (and US?) to do this (and how the f#ck does anyone do that?) - and that "sods law" did not apply - where after 1 million transactions it was my money that got stuck in the legal limbo - from either end - especially if some naughty boys were also doing their laundry through it and it was no fault of the Expresscash itself. (and who the f#ck would know if it was otherwise?)

Of course their is also no reason why once the business builds up and NEW (??!) owners decide that tues 28th is the day they walk off with all the money.........

With Western Union and banks you have heard of none of this is a concern. You get what you pay for.

Just by 2 cents worth.

Thanks for your two cents worth, more like a dollars worth. I would like to here of others having sucessfully used this service before trying. If you use a PayPal account doesn't that offer some protection? Unless as you say your luck is bad and the day you choose to send money is the day they decide to walk.

The main reason I was checking them out is for the Direct Bank Deposit service. I don't think Western Union or banks offer this but I'm all ears (eyes) if you know different.

What's an AML?

• 4 weeks later...

I have used them and they were excellent. The delivery time I wanted was outside their normal hours so I rang them and the guy on the phone was great. He rang my young lady on another phone whilst I was on the line, agreed a suitable delivery time and made the drop off within a couple of hours of my speaking to him.

Yes there may be cheaper ways but in terms of making your girl happy and gaining face to have money hand delivered to her is a big plus.

They can't collect my banking details, I Paypal'd them the money and they passed it on as cash to the girl.

My experience was nothing but good and I would recommend them.

I have an account with Citibank and can transfer funds, on-line and between linked Citibank accounts, it is free.

I can also do on-line wire transfers to other accounts, non-Citibank, and they charge: $30 (can xfer up to $50K USD?).

Maybe costs more but cery quick and easy to do.

• 3 weeks later...

I have actually used them recently and am very pleased! The person that received the money was too stupid to check her balance so that I contacted customer service via email on a sunday. They promptly replied (in perfect American English) and the money was already piad into the account as well.

L

Archived