Worth a look , I think.

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

those of you who enjoy the privilege of speaking the sweet German language , live in Germany and are further capabale of operating a TV might find the time to watch the BBC report about Bangkok Hilton tonight at 22:15 ; I forgot where but you will find it .

I am under the impression that there is an awful lot of true admirers of his Excelency the PM , Mr. T to be found on this very board . A wealth of information for those hardcore freaks is available on www.farangaffairs.com since the guy who runs the site succeeded in eliminating a load of tecnical fatalities . His other obsession is the Chiang Mai Night Safari Park or whatever that is . I hope it is not just me who laughs his ass off when reading this well written stuff .

Respectfully yours

BuBi

May you and your loved ones enjoy a happy Easter in piece , harmony and free from any VD disturbances..

After I have been watching the report last night I may take the liberty to advise all fellow boardmembers who are currently buzy preparing a career in the drug trade to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that any imprisonments shall ALWAYS take place at the European end of the supply line .

There was a 20 year old bloke from Manchester sentenced to 99 years for bringing 4200 speed pills into the kingdom . Why does anybody bring jabaa to the Kingdom is an interesting question . The man will soon be released because 6 months are already over .

Another one , 41 years , got 50 years for 800 grams heroin . Both were caught at Don Muang .

Case No.3 a Thai Chinese sentenced to death for supporting a major druglord .

All 3 in common explained the BBC that they were basically good people , talked by somebody into a one-off drug deal and in all fairness needed a second chance. One wonders why they did not take their first one .

BuBi

I feel sorry for those who stumble into these situations without knowing what they are getting into, especially those from countries where many drug offences carry relatively light penalties. Perhaps if they knew what the stakes were, they wouldn't have gotten off the plane with the drugs.

Singapore is a little more sporting in that they print "Death to Drug Traffickers" in red on their immigration forms (at least they did the last time I went there).

"After I have been watching the report last night I may take the liberty to advise all fellow boardmembers who are currently buzy preparing a career in the drug trade to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that any imprisonments shall ALWAYS take place at the European end of the supply line ."

Very sound advice, never quite figured out why people liked so much Thailand they chose to stay there on such dangerous conditions. Drug dealing is usually a suspicious choice, but nearing suicide in Thailand...

" bringing 4200 speed pills into the kingdom . Why does anybody bring jabaa to the Kingdom is an interesting question "

Different drug, different market and prices ( both higher for X than Ya baa)

"ll 3 in common explained the BBC that they were basically good people , talked by somebody into a one-off drug deal "

This remains to be seen but great conclusion:

"in all fairness needed a second chance. One wonders why they did not take their first one "

rickfarang said:

Singapore is a little more sporting in that they print "Death to Drug Traffickers" in red on their immigration forms (at least they did the last time I went there).

I heard of a guy that was waiting to go through the security checkpoint in Singapore when an elderly lady asked him if he could carry a carton of cigarettes on board with him. She had two cartons so needed someone else to carry one so she would not be over the duty limit.

Any way, the guy did not think much about it so agreed. As he goes through security the guards ask to take a look at the carton of smokes. When they opened it up the carton was stuffed with heroin. Needless to say the guy was about to shit himself in panic. The only thing that saved his ass was a bunch of other passengers saw the lady give him the carton.

When I heard that story I thought I might have done the same thing, not thinking there would be drugs in the carton. Despite all the warnings about carrying items from strangers I can see how one could slip and not think things through in that kind of situation.

Archived