Happiness now or security later?

buddha

Moving back to Thailand?

I have received a few job offers over the course of the last 6 months in Thailand via the web. While they are not 'expat' packages they would allow me to do the following:

1.] I think it's much easier to find work in a city when you are actually in that city. So while I settle in, find an apartment, relax and enjoy Thailand, I could be scouring the job sites etc for that high paying position and when it becomes available I am there for the interview.

2.] I have a number of domain names and web publishing skills that could be developed if and only if I lived in SEA. In the long run these would be my real project / chance for cashflow.

3.] Right now I hate my existence. I have lived in Thailand before [2.5 years] and feel that this time around I would truly 'master' my surroundings and be really, really, really happy.

The problem is that these jobs would not allow me to pay off my current tax debt. It is hovering at about 50k USD. I am 38 years old and feel that I can get it paid off within three years time, saving some money while I'm at it, if I were to stay.

Would you wait the three years or just bals to the wall it and go now.

Balls to the wall, dude.

He who dares wins.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

The credit belongs to the fighter who stands in the arena. His face marred by dirt and sweat and blood and dust. Who dares mighty things, rather than take rank with those poor souls who live in that dull grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

If you are talking American taxes, there is an IRS office, of sorts, in Singapore. As long as you keep in contact with them and sort of keep them informed about what's going on, not make them feel you're fleeing the scene, they are quite amenable.

You should go for it. If it fucks up, you'll be sorry you did it for a while, then get over it. If you don't do it, you may and probably will live the whole rest of your life with regret that you did not try.

Archived