Akane again! 30.01.05

thefezman

chuckwoww said:

Maybe I am too old fashioned jealous for the internet world. Or to quote

Jean-Paul Sartre: "l'enfer ce sont les autres" (hell is all the others).

Hmmm. Can't let that one pass. 'l'enfer, c'est les autres' from Sartre's 'No Exit'. Said by Garcin I believe.

You are probably right, I didn't check the quote just translated it from what I had in my head. If my French is correct "ce sont" would indicate everyone of "les autres" why "c'est" would connote the collective mass of them, which is what Satre must have meant. Or am I wong on this one too (cannot find my old French grammar after all years in Bangkok)?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
carygrant said:

or rather "c'est les autres" because it means "THIS (the existence or presence of the others is what hell is", not

"THOSE is what hell is"

Note the comma after l'enfer. C'est refers to l'enfer which is the subject of the sentence and singular.

The best translation would be...Hell, it is others.

An alternative would be 'les autres sont l'enfer.'

Cary,

The reason for sharing my experiences are simple. I have gained a lot of knowledge from this board and feel I should at least recipricate my experiences to people who share theirs.

I understand your point about trying to keep certain places under wraps but if it wasn't for this board I would have never have visited Akane in the first place.

Maybe from spending 20 years in Bangkok you have grown tiresome of the 'hordes of sex tourists' coming to LOS and just maybe I am one of those typical tourists, but that is my decision and what information I decide to share and keep to myself is purely up to me. Like every board member here, there will be things which we would decide to keep to ourselves and other things which we feel would benefit others.

Anyway, this being my last day in LOS I would like to wish yourself and every other person here a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Cheers,

To judge from your way of writing I don't think you are the "typical" sex tourist.

But maybe there are no "types" but only individuals. Even so, there are too many of them!

Enjoy your last night in Bangkok and a Happy New Year!

Hmm, Akane.

Was in BKK for a coiuple of days after Xmas. Had a few hours up my sleeve around Phrom Pong. Went to see if the old "Baron's" Now called Lotus was till the same. Closed on wednesdays!

Walked all the way to Akane Soi 33 (Only been to The chitlom branch before. Came in, saw a few very pretty and hot looking women, sat down, drank my cold drink and studied the emnu. a helpful woman pointed out that if you did S3, you got a second woman for free for at least part of it.

Then she said "Have to wait an hour, fully booked now"

Bugger! I didn't have an extra hour to wait.

So I had to leave it for next time. i jumped a Motocy to PP BTSstation, then the BTS until Nana, and went to Lolita's instaed. My favourite had just started work, and welcomed me with a huge smile. "First cusomer, bring me good luck today"

Upstairs to the private room for a delightful FS. OK, no massage, no saltscrub, nothing very subtle, but dependable, and available at the drop of a hat. A Volkaswagon rather then a Jag, but It got me there.

Although I firmly believe in sharing info, I acknowledge CG has a point. Would akane have been this fullwithout the rcent plugs on this and other boards? I'll just have to wait my turn...... Sigh.......

Archived