Western tourists target

BuffHello

trooper said:

In Finland many schools decided not to have the traditional Christmas formalities before the holidays because that could upset some muslim students families. What the f**k!

What gets me is these people come to Europe look for asylum.

(This is not targeted at any one faith or nationality just an observation.)

We give it to them, fund them, allow them the right to build there own place of worship and the chance to integrate into western society.

But it is we who have to change and adapt.

If we say anything untoward we are branded as racists.

A lot of these people are genuine refugees but a lot are just here for the money.

They have no intention of change and in some areas of Europe try and recreate the lawless squalor from which they came.

I think western countries are very tolerant of all faiths and nationalities and try there best to live in harmony and make these people feel welcome.

What I don?t understand is they then turn on the places and people that offered them asylum.

I know the West is no angel and can be classed as the biggest terrorist of them all by some Middle Eastern countries.

But I am sorry, I don?t see why traditions and values have to be banned and bend in Europe to suit the beliefs of people who are not native to that land.

Example, if expats in LOS started shouting out the Buddhism was offensive too are culture and should be banned, do you honestly think Thai?s would allow this to happen?

They would put us on the first plane out of there. :(

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. It was the Frenchies who tried to ban head scarfs in the schools.

You know how Thai unie girls dress -- the short black skirts and white blouses. I've taught Thai Muslim gals who dressed exactly the same, wouldn't have known they were Muslim if they hadn't told me when we were talking about families in class. But one day I spotted a poor gal in an effing burqa! In Thailand's climate??? All you could see were the gal's eyes. My first thought was that the gal's father should be strung up by the balls. Second thought was how I would handle it if she were in my class. How would I know who was inside that sausage casing? When you give exams, you are supposed to compare the students' faces with their ID card photos. But maybe in her ID photo she has a bag over her head too.

:p

For each and every inch of Freedom we give up, In ANY country, you can bet that there is someone waiting to take more freedoms from YOU. The courts and present administration have taken a lot. I'm American, Not a Democrat, Not a Replubican but an American. I owe no party.

As a Caucasian over 60, I have to ask when will we ever allow all persons to live the life they want to live as long as it does not infringe on anothers SAFETY. I have friends, some as close as brothers of ALL COLORS, shades and tints. I've dated a Rainbow of colors and my FRIENDS are Christian, Catholic, Atheist, Buddhist and even Muslim. We have no problems because it is an unspoken, unwritten rule not to force one persons religion onto another.

If there is a group that wants to target me as a Western Tourist, I'll be here in the US, I will take my vacations wherever I want when I want but a vacation is for relaxation, and recreation. I was coming to Pattaya but if I have to look over my shoulder to see whom is behind me, that will not be relaxing, and certainly not recreational. I'll spend my dollars in the US or go to Europe, or if things calm down in LOS, I'll be there.

If the muppets attacked bangkok today i would still get on a flight tomorrow and have a drink in my favorite bkk bar. Guys should just recognize that "terrorism" is psychological not real. The odds of being the victim of a terrorist attack in thailand are 1 in 100,000,000. The odds of dying in a car accident if you stay home are a thousand times greater. Anyone changing their travel plans to LOS is just being irrational IMO.

:xmascheer

The Muppets are one thing but if terrorism strikes, IMO a person would be a little on the arrogant side to go in there in defiance. Too many places in this world where you can go without being someone's radical statement. As far as women, It is all pink on the inside. Turn them upside down and they are all twins. I like women of all shades including white. Why should I risk being a target just so I can go to LOS?

Archived