Western tourists target

BuffHello

Ok I have decided to start a think tank.

Here is what I think. I think it is not a matter of if but a matter of when.

I have absolutely no basis for this thought, but it sounds pretty good, and it has lots of room for interpretation. Now all I need to do is get some company or government to pay me oh lets say 1 million US. Not a bad price as these things go. Now I can retire to LOS and enjoy myself. So lets see, here is the press release.

BANGKOK:--- "IT is not a matter of if but a matter of when" Declares a U.S based think tank. Our best assertion is that there will be major disruptions of some sort or another in the future. Although unpredictable, it is clear where this situation is headed. Unless steps are taken, someting will happen. Resulting in either long term or short term problems for Thailand. Side stepping this issue should be a major focus of resources from both public and private concerns.

So what do you think, any offers out there for my next thought.

Oh by the way I am refering to the price of som tom in this post.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK vegasdave49

I think you might be onto something here. I'm not saying you are but you might be. The information I am receiving at the moment is that there is a strong possibility that the thoughts that you are having indicate the potential for serious concern. I am unable at this point to confirm anything and have absolutely know proof that the thought is real but my sources tell me that if not now the likelihood of your thought materializing are alarming.

I think we need to book you a gig at the FCCT :tophat:

I've always prided myself on being a fairly moderate, laissez faire, kind of dude. I don't hold racist views and have worked in "the ghetto" etc in the past. I for one however am becoming mightily fed up about hearing about Islamic Fundamentalists and Islamic Terrorism or how people shouldn't wear crucifixes, stars of david on holiday in middle eastern countries for fear of offending Muslims. I'm sure that the fundamentalists would love nothing better than for there to be a backlash against the Muslim community and that any such actions would suit their purpose. I'm not proposing violence or anything towards the Muslim community I just wish that the media would stop reporting about it. I'm fed the fuck up.

And if I'm that fed up with hearing about more fundamentalist nonsense I'm pretty sure that others, who are of a more extreme bent, are really pissed off.

Why can't these morons just live and let live?

Well, they got Piglet banned in the UK. :(

p.s. Porky Pig is probably next. Some gal in the States got fired for eating a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich at work. Seems the company was owned by Saudis. The gal was a Catholic. Can you image if the reverse had happened, say a Muslim was fired for reading the Qu'ran at work? Any chance of a level playing field these days???

Flashermac said:

Well, they got Piglet banned in the UK. :(

p.s. Porky Pig is probably next. Some gal in the States got fired for eating a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich at work. Seems the company was owned by Saudis. The gal was a Catholic. Can you image if the reverse had happened, say a Muslim was fired for reading the Qu'ran at work? Any chance of a level playing field these days???

Sure about your facts ? I find this hard to believe in a country with lots of workregulations and protections..... sure she sued the hell out of them, na ?

BB

Was talking to a friend of a friend at a party here in the UK some time ago. My buddy's mate was/is a liberal Christian. He and his gfriend are involved in assisting asylum seekers. So, went along to partake of their vol au vents. Had people who'd got all sorts of horror stories about fleeing various African and South American countries. Got chatting to this one guy, Afghan. Turned out that he'd had to flee Afghanistan, when it was under the Taliban, as he'd committed the crime of running an electrical shop. He sold radios. As we all know radios are the work of the devil as they play western music which was a big no no in the eyes of the Taliban. Apparently they'd trashed his shop and destroyed all his stock. He was luckily not there as otherwise he may not have escaped with his life.

:(

Then again, I agree in part with the Taliban, I mean there is some 'kin awful music played on the radio nowadays ::.

bust1 said:

Think Tanks are phony institutes where spin doctors pose as academics precuring money to support meaningless advertisings, not allowing genuine debate. They are funded primarily by large businesses and major foundations and tend to have a political leaning. Unlike universities or educational organizations they are never really subject to debate and the opportunity to question their retoric. Good business to be in though. Like you say chuchwoww many make it a career a bit like NGOs.

reminds me a lot of fortrune tellers, predict a lot of stuff, when it happens

( and it will) they get some credibility from it.

Hi!

And if I'm that fed up with hearing about more fundamentalist nonsense I'm pretty sure that others, who are of a more extreme bent, are really pissed off.

So am I, all of them. Christian and Jewish fundamentalists ar no better than there Muslim counterparts. There is probably Buhdist fundamentalists as well but I have never heard of them.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived