Abroad, TG become westernized in a good way?

ptyrider

There are a sufficient number of horror stories about Thai girls in Western countries. But are there many cases in which TG, taken back to the West, have over time become westernized in a positive sense? That is, she?s lost what WE would usually describe as the annoying characteristics commonly found among Thais?the face-saving and face-getting, the hiding of the truth, inability to have a rational discussion about an emotional problem, inability to confide in her mate, inability to admit mistakes, temper tantrums, incuriousity about the world around her, etc.?whilst retaining the good things, like the good manners and gentleness? And at the same time avoided the negative characteristics of the West, like the aggression, competitiveness, loudness, and egocentrism?

The two thai girls in the US i've come to know well over the years work hard They carried on their duties as good thai wives meaning keeping a spotless house and treating hubby like king.

But... they also carry on the usual deception and like farang men too much. The whole gang of thai girls that these two are friends with mostly do the same. The big thing is having a much younger farang guy as a boyfriend while carrying on with hubby. Then eventually leaving hubby which may be years down the line.

Leaving hubby is not a "thai" charecteristic of course but the pursuit of young farang men by older girls seems to be a thai thing.

My guess is that a thai girl with a young hansum farang guy means big face for the girl (or something like that).

"But... they also carry on the usual deception and like farang men too much. The whole gang of Thai girls that these two are friends with mostly do the same. The big thing is having a much younger farang guy as a boyfriend while carrying on with hubby. Then eventually leaving hubby which may be years down the line."

Fuck me :banghead: It matters not what sort of life you provide for these girls, where you take them or how much money and material things you indulge on them, they always bloody let you down! :banghead:

Amazing to think there are literally a whole gang of them that carry on in the same way as MailUk said . I'll bet they have nice lives out there in the States too. Untrustworthy little blighters the lot of'em! :cussing:

Phew.... :soapbox:

Sorry! It just bugs the hell outa me that a fella can work hard to provide for his TG/TW in his home country and still they revert to type!

Sorry, just a little rant t?is all!

Wow to much generalisations to even start to discuss. Better with a personal tale.

My wife actually were not that keen on leaving Thailand, she still is not that keen on living outside of her home country. When she first came home with me she were a bit moody, there were some tantrums. In adition she were worried about my motives, why I stayed with her, what I wanted and how long it were going to last.

As she found her footing in the new world and came to trust me more based on my actions most of the 'negative' actions went away.

I belive situational factors weigh heavely into any action.

Other than that my wife loves the equal rights idea in the west and we move more and more towards such a way of living, and I don't think it's a bad thing. I don't think she is loosing her gentleness and servitude action, I think she is descovering her self and she does so without it being at my expense. Sure I have to take the dishes and make food once in a while but that's not a bad thing is it? I want a wife and a partner not a maid.

hi ptyrider,

I don`t see that happening.

They become westernized all right and that pretty fast.

I see many develop a serious case of attitude, preserving certain aspect of their culture, actually many of the annoying characteristics you mention, and losing the good ones.

As a good friend of mine put it (he is not, nor have he ever been involved with a thai): it seems like they grab the beneficial aspects of both cultures and ditch the rest.

I have been thai married for 12 years, know heaps of thais in my area. First couple of years I went along to social thai gatherings. The novelty of that sure wore off fast, the bitching, backstabbing, incredibly loud voices, 48 hours card games and shit, throw in an occasional cat fight. geez.

I don`t associate with thais in my country any more except for the missus. She is free to go visit her friends of course, but I won`t be tagging along.

Cheers

hua nguu

My mates wife, both people thai, much prefers Australia to here, in fact refuses to join him here when he comes on business

She finds Australia a lot more interesting for her than Thailand, and she;s quite successful in both places, in fact MORE successful here than Australia, but prefers the easy going way of rural Australia to here

DOG

"My guess is that a thai girl with a young hansum farang guy means big face for the girl (or something like that). "

My girl says otherwise. Haven't really asked around on this but she said her mother would kill her if she found out she was dating a younger guy.

Just like how older people are expected to be better at their job, I believe it's no difference in expecting an older guy to be a better husband.

my 2 satang

Archived