Abroad, TG become westernized in a good way?

ptyrider

A few years ago after wife came to Australia on a three month visit I introduced her to a nasty piece of Issan work that my mate brought back from Pattaya and married here in Oz. I remember my wife knew nothing of the eastern states and had never been there nor met anyone from there but after my wifes initial contact with my mates wife, the missus asked me point blank why the men in Sydney have all got so much money??? WTF. Apparently my mates wife had let my missus in on a plan she apparently learnt at TAFE-a gov't susidised english program for migrants. It seems that all she learnt ( apart from english) is Australia's legal framework when it came to migration law and property settlements. Her plan was to stay with my mate until she has PR and her passport(to the world) then leave my mate take as much as legally possible and then head to Sydney to do a 3 year marriage stint with a more weathier sod then milk him too.

Cucking Funts.

Yes they do...in our case i don't want her to lose touch with her culture so we have a very full on Thai *life* heaps of Thai visitors day and night..... :doah: this gets me at times....crying girls on phones at Hotels and airports and me rushing about helping sort them out...Usually means staying at our house...visa problems all the time ...lucky her sisters own a migration and educational service business and we get it all worked out in the end.

My wife owns her own restaurant and and we both enjoy learning about each other every day....never a dull moment...best thing i ever did was to marry a Thai lady.

We have had our share of fights...had mobiles,chess boards bottles etc thrown at me from time to time :D

I/we do however know many that are not nice...and ripping system as well as falang guys apart... :banghead:

We have had our share of fights...had mobiles,chess boards bottles etc thrown at me from time to time

I never have nor would I ever raise my hand to my wife just as much as I would never accept that kind of behavior from her. Doesn`t matter if she is thai or not.

But I guess different people different strokes.

cheers

hua nguu

Wow, you just described my wife very well. She's retained her peaceful nature and has changed in the positive ways you describe -- we communicate much better when she's got an issue, she is more forthcoming with her feelings, and I do not feel like she is holding back from me or deceiving me.

Our life here in the US is much better and less stressful than it was in Thailand.

We know some other Thai/farang couples and several of them are similar, but a few are more like the "dark side" described in a few of the more negative posts on this thread. I agree with another poster about how the large Thai gatherings are a bit trying -- fortunately my wife does too so they're rare.

Guess it really depends on the woman and I got lucky.

BGs/TGs or human in particular

are like a computer, they run as good as the software you install on it, they are as good as the additional tweaking tools you add on it!

Same Same No Different with the Thai Girls or every other human / Animal!

Since it was a stereotype question i will give you the stereotype answer

They grow up somewhere in a village in Isaan, they are living with their parents, sisters and brothers maybe their cousins.

Mom and Dad didn't go to school or maybe they dropped out very early because they had to work to support the family. They speak Issan and Thai, they don't know other languages, they don't know about other countries. What they know is how to maintain a farm and keep the house clean. Most of them know shit about math. They have TVs but they don't watch the news, because they don't care what happens around them, the only important thing is to have food on the table. In their neighborhoods another 15-18 yo girl get pregnant nearly every month because they don't know about condoms or the pill, which doesn't make the Mom and Dad trying to prevent their daughter from having a baby for herself. Buying her condoms would be embarassing, taking her to the doctor and give her the pill would be embarassing, buying condoms or the pill costs money, it is more important to have food on the table, so let's save the money and buy rice, regardless that there will be soon another person to feed because the parents failed to prevent their daughter from screweing with the Thai boy who ran away when he got the news!

This describes the stereotype Thai parents in village.

All the input from the parents results in what we call a Thai girl, with all the features that are described in the first post!.

If you bring her to farang land and let her meet your good farang friends than there is hope for a system overwrite. But most of the times they meet other Thais and this can be a good thing or disasterous. Hence not every Thai Lady marries for love, the many of them marry for the money as a new income opportunity, and this could turn your caring wife into a bitch.

ask the question again when you saw the people that soround her.

ptyrider said:

There are a sufficient number of horror stories about Thai girls in Western countries. But are there many cases in which TG, taken back to the West, have over time become westernized in a positive sense? That is, she?s lost what WE would usually describe as the annoying characteristics commonly found among Thais?the face-saving and face-getting, the hiding of the truth, inability to have a rational discussion about an emotional problem, inability to confide in her mate, inability to admit mistakes, temper tantrums, incuriousity about the world around her, etc.?whilst retaining the good things, like the good manners and gentleness? And at the same time avoided the negative characteristics of the West, like the aggression, competitiveness, loudness, and egocentrism?

Jasmine ?

Archived