The term Girlfriend

spudsmck

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Semantics in some cases as in mine and accurate in others, it depends on the individual. There is one BG I see every time I go to LOS. She says she's my girlfriend, as long as the loving is coming, she's my girlfriend, no harm no foul.

I emailed a girl who I slept with once in a 3 some with a coworker at her bar. Because I emailed her I guess 'she's now my girlfriend' as a friend of mine who stopped by the bar has said that she has now referred to me as her boyfriend.

Others have girlfriends by any one's definition of that term.

I find myself using the term "girlfriend"... usually if I'm with one for more than a day or two and I really dig 'em. "Girlfriend" in these cases is actually short for "The Girl I'm Screwing and Having a Good time Hanging Out With Right Now". laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Hi, Spudsmck -

Just my opinion, but I think it is an attempt to legitimize, or at least put a different face on, the fact that we pursue prostitutes when in LOS.

"Girlfriend" sounds a lot better than "hooker", "prostitute", etc.

To the guys who have legitimate Thai girlfriends out there, this wasn't meant for you, but was meant for the guys - myself included - who call a girl we've known for a few hours our "girlfriend".

(Aren't I a cynical bastard today??!?!?)

Cheers. Chicago Dave

I was asking opinions because I read on another post about how the girls call us boyfriends instead of customers and felt a lot of guys are doing the same thing.

Nothing wrong with it if you realize the situation. I call them "A" girlfriend when I'm with them, once I leave I refer to them as "MY" LT girl.

I just think the term "MY" girlfriend for a girl that will be screwing other guys the minute you leave (and they do or will) is a joke.

In the words of my favorite quote from a wise poster on the old delphi board (take a bow dude, it's the most appropriate statement I've ever read in 2 years of reading all the boards)

"She's not your girlfriend, it's just your turn"

chicago dave--

I love your post...

You're 100% correct.. I find that it's a whole lot easier to use the term 'girlfriend' in public conversation that 'hooker' 'prostitute' or 'bargirl'

LOL

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Right. The men use 'girlfriend' and the women use 'boyfriend' for a much more casual relationship than the west would consider appropriate for these words.

When the girl starts calling you 'fenn' you are probably closer to a more long term relationship.

When she starts calling you 'poo-uh' and you're calling her 'mee-uh' then you're in real trouble.

While generalizations are always dangerous, I think many of the Thai girls only start using their own language to describe relationships when they become more serious. If you think about it, it probably makes some sense because they may not fully understand the connotations of the English words.

Archived