Dynasty Inn Grande

hall

Understand (from their website) that the new Dynasty Inn Grande is now open located between Suk. Soi 4 and 6.

Room rate 2250 Baht per night plus taxes and excl. bft. Sounds overpriced but after any BM stays - would appreciate a review.

Cheers Hall

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I was in town last month. While talking with someone at the Friday meeting (I forget who) they said that it was down soi 6 about where the bend heading back to soi 4 is.

I'll give it a try at least once. If no-one posts before late March I'll post a review when I get back in town.

Will

Hall, i can see the place from my appt, and walk past it daily.

Good location, as you know....off soi 4, 300 yards on the right. They have a very nice bar/lounge wih nice lighting, very up-market seating in the bar with leather/suede couches and chesterfield three piece suites, nice mix of modern and old style furniture, semi-private boothes, huge LCD flat screen showing the footy etc. I use the bar terrace (Bloome cafe) a few times a week for a beer or two outside, watching the world go by. Its nice.

I havent seen the rooms but it is a very nice hotel for the money. They have gone to a fair amount of trouble with the lobby/lounge/bar so i would guess this is a reflection on the rooms. Location is ideal as soi 6 is very, very quiet and calm, yet only 2 minute stroll from the Soi 4 bars. There are three 'warm up' girly bars next door to the hotel just seconds away, with combined maybe 30 girls (alex bar etc), cool little bars and no blazing music or screams of 'hello welcome' so you wont here them from your room. Great little soi to stay in, i think.

The only downside is they have built the hotel in two phases. The Grande is basicaly a 12 story hotel split in two - two identical hotels, front and back, with a big room connecting them. Phase one was the front building facing soi 6, phase two is the back building behind it. Phase one is complete, but phase two, although built, is still being trimmed. Lots of builders on site with iritating hand tools full bore in the day. If you stay there, insist on a room at the front of the hotel looking down on soi 6, and it will be ok. Stay at the back of the hotel any time in the next couple months overlooking phase two, and be prepared for noisy builders clocking on a 7am till 6pm.

From the look of it, i think it is a nice hotel, anyhow. Walk in rates right now are far cheaper than advertised as they have few customers - marketing has not kicked in yet and people are not aware of the place. Because it has not been open long, they have very few customers.

I would say its a winner, and would defo stay there if needed a hotel in the thick of it all.

Batty,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I'll see what sort of rate they can offer for May. Hopefully the 'other section' will be finished by then so noise problem may not apply. Just as a matter of interest (well self preservation really !) is one of the 3 bars you mentioned called the 'Good Luck Bar' ?

Had a minor problem with a T/G there 3 years ago - my fault - not hers - but still would not like to run into her. She probably wouldn't remember me anyway - then again with these girls mammories - sorry memories - she just might !

Cheers Hall.

Archived