Dynasty Inn Grande

hall

Gentlemans:

Stayed in the DIG two weeks ago. Batty described the bar/restaurant so will not repeat. But there was no construction noise that i could hear from monday thru thursday. The second phase is completed on the outside and windows installed so the construction should all be inside. Hence you should not here the noise.

Walkin rate is 1800 baht and they did not charge any tax on top of that. They say this is the opening promotion and that the normal rate is 2200 baht.

Room is nice and big, bed was king sized.

In room safe.

Pool is 20 meters long and the deck gets sun from 11 am until 2:30pm. The tall buildings block it the rest of the time.

The bar restaurant is open 24 hours. Good if you like to stop for a drink on the way back from the bars that close way too early. Menu is limited and with a few expensive items such as a steak for 440 baht. A definite attempt to be upscale compared to the original dynasty. The yum woon sen was excellent but burned the hell out of my mouth. American breakfast was good, included fruit, ham, bacon, coffee. Think it cost 130 baht. But I didn't like the coffee so started eating breakfast elsewhere.

Its the dynasty so girl friendly of course. HOWEVER, i brought back two girls one night and learned there is a 500 baht charge for a third person in the room. Was able to talk the extremely cute receptionist into agreeing that i had only one girl with me as i hid the second girl behind my back(talking and smiling previously with this receptionist paid off) and promised to not do it again.

To get there: from Suk you come down soi 4 have the taxi turn left on the first soi that a car can turn on. The hotel is 50 meters down that soi on the right.

Walking, you can access the same soi from soi 8 by going past Lolitas and thru a narrow passage. Since the soi 8 biergarten has moved to soi 19 there is no real reason to go to soi 8 unless you are into lolitas.

Nice hotel but the original dynasty is a MUCH better deal for your baht at 1,090 baht per night. If the DIG goes up to 2200 baht that is twice the rate of the original which makes no sense. Unless you are not concerned about your budget in which case this hotel is the way to go. And the original dynasty has no pool.

While this place is very nice, and its quiet location is a big plus, I prefer the original dynasty. Or the nana at 1100 baht if booked on the net (and nana has a nice pool). Or the Fortuna at 1400 baht. Or the Grande Business Inn at 1200 baht (but no pool). Or Honey Hotel on the ground floor at 800 baht which is where I ended up and it has a pool. Wouldnt recommend that ground floor room though.

1800 to 2200 baht seems to be an unusual rate for hotels IME. Maybe they can do fine with that. BTW, each tower has 80 rooms and the tower that is open had 50 rooms occupied. Not bad for a hotel that just opened its doors.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost forgot. There is no water hose next to the toilet to clean yourself up after you take a dump. Those things are the reason i come to thailand. Instead you have to use toilet paper which is inefficient method of clean up. This is unforgiveable IMO and grounds for avoiding this hotel

:xmascheer

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed in DIG on Saturday night and was really impressed (and I have stayed at some of the best hotels in Asia) - however it is really in no way comparable to the Dynasty Inn - forget evaluations between the two - they are way different products. Think of a very good 4* hotel room and you get the accomodation picture. Rooms are huge, good air con and double glazing. King size beds as said before and lots of space. Only thing I thought wierd was no in room tea & coffee stuff but its a minor blip. I also suggested to reception that 12 tv channels doesn't really cut it(but 29" TV was good), but I liked the fact that none of those were Thai - meant I watched what I wanted to watch and not some Thai soap opera.

Bathroom was big with seperate bath and shower cubicle and again everything was spotless and new.

Current rate is 1700 nett, which was booked via the Dynasty in Pattaya. I also thought the room service menu was OK - and I actually thought it was pretty cheap - compared to other hotels of this standard - i.e room service American breakfast, fruit, coffee, toast for 180 baht - think 500 baht + in the Landmark, Marriott etc etc.

All the reception staff have moved from the Dynasty Inn so nothing will surprise them in terms of guests coming back and they take ID cards.

Overall - I was really impressed.

Cheers

Archived