Dynasty Inn Grande

hall

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LivestockLover said:

Do they require a "dsposit" of 500 baht for the "minibar" or whatever else they use it for, when you first check in, which is what Dynasty Inn requires.

Funny, I've stayed at the Dynasty 15 times and never have they asked for some sort of a 'minibar' deposit.

Maybe they didn't like you.

Well obviously, people who stay there many times aren't going to be asked for a deposit after the first or the first few times...and the more you stay there the less likely you will be asked for one. And if you weren't asked for one the first time, then then was after they started their policy, or they just had a delerious clerk working that day.

• 2 months later...

Stayed at Dynasty Inn Grande last week for 8 nights. It's a great option at 1800 baht a night including taxes and service charges (opening special).

The room was large, clean and very comfortable. My room overlooked the pool and there was the slightest of construction noise. I'm a heavy sleeper and it wasn't enough to wake me up.

I emailed an enquiry via their website and received an email asking for the first night in advance to hold the room (as I was arriving after midnight). I faxed this through and they acknowledged receipt of the fax via email.

When checking in I was upgraded to a deluxe room for the same price as they were out of normal rooms. Not a big difference from what I could tell - maybe a little bit bigger and with a walk in shower.

Staff are very helpful and friendly and when taking girls back reception take their details for before they are allowed up. No card - no entry.

Finding it it was pretty easy. I grabbed a cab at the airport (went straight upstairs to departures - no wait) and it was 200 baht to the hotel including tolls. All cabbies know soi 4 and soi 6 is a one way street off soi 4 (runs back to Sukhumvit Rd opposite Nana BTS) - basically the first street on the left you can drive a car down.

The only downside is soi 4 can be a bit of a zoo (not my cup of tea), but other than that all was great. Oh, and the pool shuts at 8pm.

All in all, a great little hotel.

Archived