What's with Nazi Insignia

sakoni2002

Quote;

"Because of the association with the right facing swastika with Nazism, Buddhist swastikas (outside India only) after the mid-20th century are almost universally left-facing: 卍."

This sounds like a load of b*ll*cks to me. As if the Buddhists worldwide all of a sudden agreed to have their swastika's face left. Not.

Yes it represents a temple but mainly in the philippines. The religious version is pointing left whereas the nazi one points right. The swastika was around a long time before the nazis. They just bastardized it.

I was told in Nepal, that the Swastika represented the 4 elements of life earth wind fire and rain. Some Nazi dude saw it, either knew it was a symbol of power, or decided it was on, and made it the parties emblom...that seems to be the commonconsessous. Oddly, Some American indian tribes have it as a symbol as well...

I get pissed when the sticker sales man points to it and laughs stupidly as if I'd want one...I saw a place in Weekend market selling all sorts of Nazi shit as well, saw a young Brit guy go ape on them... I have no idea why Thais think that is o.k.

Archived