Legends of the Scene

longwoodguy74

Mukda, a girl who danced at the Joker Club on the corner of Soi 19 Sukhumvit in the late 60's / early '70's is usually acknowledged as the one who introduced Gogo dancing to the scene here - although it was rather tame, a little like Texas Line Dancing with several girls on-stage in ankle boots and fringed bikinis.

Sadly Mukda was murdered by her own son many years ago.

Also Ladda - given the title "Queen of Patpong" by Bernard Trink - who ran the old Takara Massage Parlour and a couple of bars in Patpong, including the Golfers Lounge with her boyfriend Lloyd Thomas, again in the early 70's. They also set up the Thai Country Club golfcourse on Bangna Trad - although Ladda sold out to a consortium many years ago now.

Paul

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a legend??? I thought legends were supposed to be dead folks. ::

<< .sadly, a lot of the guys from then didn't keep records or many photos. >>

Trink has BOXES of bar girl pics. The Bangkok World assigned a photographer to go around with him, and Trink's 3 page Nite Owl section each Saturday had maybe a dozen pics in it. (Used to be fun to hunt for the naughty ones he'd slip in.)

Alas, Trink can't seemed to be arsed to do the book everyone wants him to write. Really a shame. The pics alone would make it a best seller.

Nervous_Dog said:

How about legends of the Scene girl wise?

DOG

Noy, the cute BJ who was featured in "The Deer Hunter". Petite little gal who didn't attract that much attention when she was dancing -- until she peeled. God, what a bod'. She got the part of a Saigon hooker because no Thai actress at the time would portray a whore.

Later, she married a Yank and was running a bar in the Diamond Arcade in Pattaya with him. That was back in the late '80s. Wonder what became of her.

Dean Barret has a photo or two of her in his "Beautifoon Women of Thairand", but she looked much better in the flesh. He says she didn't like her picture taken.

Dog, I haven't been in the LG in some time. But the "granny dancer" was still there working as a mamasan long after she quit dancing. May even still be there. She told me she had decided she was too old to dance, though I suspect the owners finally decided she'd long pasedt her "use by" date.

One of the tales is that she allegedly was barfined by John Lennon when she was a cute young thing. I know that she has a son in his mid 40s at least!

Sarisin said:
paul101 said:

Suadum, Goatscrot and Nervous Dog should certainly have their names etched on a plaque somewhere...Thermae hongnam would be nice. :)

So I met the right guys, did I?! To give my and my man a tour on Soi Cowboy. I did not see any plaques on the table was too busy feeling up Dumsoda's girl but he felt like sharing! Most wonderful group of guys with Limbo and Lawkaw. Lawkaw if you read this give me a PM!!! Was told I should also meet Nervous Dog but maybe he is too nervous for that....? I like nervous cold nose sniffing dogs with long juicy tongues. Sorry got distracted. As a legend I liked Annie from Annie's Cowboy Bar. She was a heck of a bitch but with style. But also remember a tall skinny ex-vet who was living as a bum with a farang ex-owner in a flat above one of the bars in the Soi who's wife had run out on him including the papers of the bar and his clothes. The exvet was lying and cheating to survive like crazy. Had a big moustache, dark hair and bold head. He was most gracefully always assisting the ladies when they needed a volunteer on stage for a blow job. You could say he was interesting. Anybody know what happened with him?

As for the girls my friends neighbor in the Squeeze Inn which used to be at the corner of Suk and the Soi Cowboy, she was a real gorgeous one who always came home with some kind of presents like traveller cheques. She was loaded with gold, taken from boyfriends AND BG's. Big girl, pretty, very charming and long curly hair. Real pill popper, uppers and downers and boosh.

Archived