Scam guy, Phrom Pung

dddave

I was reading the bulletin board outside Villa Market on Suk. near Soi 33 when a well dressed fellow asked in perfect English if I knew where he could change some dollars. I told him the nearest place I knew and soon a casual conversation ensued. He described himself as a Phillipino-American married to a Thai and had lived in California for a number of years.

When I told him I was from Boston he acted surprised; "Oh, My neice will be going to college in Boston next year, you must talk to her"

He opened his wallet to a photo of a lovely girl, identifying her as the niece in question, then pulled out his mobile and called her, briefly speaking to her in a language other than English then handed the phone to me. She introduced herself in perfect English, asked me a few questions about myself and then; "Oh, you must come to our home, I have so many questions about Boston. We'll make you some Phillipino food"

Bells finally began going off.

We'll send a car for you right now, I really want to meet you!" she said, very sweetly.

"Um, what college did you say you were going to" I asked

"Uhh, oh, uhh, Boston something? I can't remember"

"Boston Institute?" I asked, naming a school I knew didn't exist.

"Oh yes, thank you; that's it"

I remember being approached near the Landmark by Koreans last year who weren't quite as good as this, obviously scammers, but this guy was smooth and nearly had me; not that I ever would have gotten into a car like that, but I could see how someone off their guard and perhaps a little to trusting could have been sucked in.

Probably some sort of rigged card game or jewellery scam awaited, who knows, there are so many scams they could have been pulling.

The successful scammers are the ones who make an approach seem casual and natural, sometimes they will go so far as to drop a wallet in front of you, when you run up and return it to them their gratitude is immesureable and an invitation of some sort results.

Always keep your radar on!

Thanks for the warner :up:

I must honestly say that those who're dumb enough to enter a stranger's car that easily deserve to be scammed.

There are quite a few of those around that believe whatever is told, so innocent to the world, and act surprised when fucked in the butt.

They need a wake up call and sometimes more than one :rolleyes:

The little interrogation works well.

MadStockBroker said:

Philippion ... possibly the worst food on the planet.

now if she had said "come over and i will suck your cock".....

pish pish.

You just haven't been properly educated in the delicacy of Balot.

Where women and men eat pre-formed cock

:)

<<burp>>

I would ofcourse have been delighted to be able to help her out and jumped into the car.

Since I don't have that great of an imagination what would they have done when I were in the car. If they just offer to sell some stones the would be shit out of luck so what's the harm?

A classic! Probably the card game scam, or the old you-look-thirsty-how-about-some-drugged-juice scam.

It's good to see the the Philippines is branching out from its traditional OFW services.

This scam is old, old, old, and very well-known here in the PI and people are warned against it on every message board. Yet, like the Nigerian scams, it still seems to succeed often enough to ensure its survival.

Well-done for not being caught, and for passing the word. :applause:

AF16 said:

I would ofcourse have been delighted to be able to help her out and jumped into the car.

Since I don't have that great of an imagination what would they have done when I were in the car. If they just offer to sell some stones the would be shit out of luck so what's the harm?

Well they could go to plan B and drug you. Take you back to your hotel and steal everything you got. Or drive you out into the sticks and mug you. Once you get into the car you have lost control of the situation. :nono:

Archived