What's the deal with good girls?

Hi all

Okay, I finally done it, I met a good Thai girl online, she's smart, attractive, speaks fluently, has a good job, earns good money, recently became single and is dead keen to meet me and spend some together over there.

She's also not so "good" that she wouldn't not consider extra-cirricular activities. I don't really care if nothing eventuates but I'm hoping it will. What I'm not sure of is:

1. Would it look really bad if I stayed in a hotel on Sukhumvit? What's a good average area of BKK to stay in?

2. If she asks if you pick-up whores what's the best thing to say? Complete denial or would that sound totally suspect and just say you only whore part-time or something?

3. What's the best place to go out to at night which is fun but not really seedy and full of whores? Like a good nightclub, bar and/or restaurant. I guess Thermae and NEP is out of the question.

If anyone (and I know there are some) has experience with this situation I would appreciate any info or tips. I been there a few times but only whoring and I'd like to try something a little different this time.

TIA.

Mike

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M,

You will get the very best answers for your circumstances to questions #1 and #3 if you ask the girl.

Worry about question #2 when it's asked, by which time you will hopefully have an understanding about what she would like to hear or will accept as an answer. (If you're one of the guys who thinks poorly of bar girls because of their tendancy to fudge the truth when asked personal questions, you may find yourself in a bit of a sticky situation.)

Good luck on your blind date.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by mtunley:

Hi all

Okay, I finally done it, I met a good Thai girl online, she's smart, attractive, speaks fluently, has a good job, earns good money, recently became single and is dead keen to meet me and spend some together over there.

She's also not so "good" that she wouldn't not consider extra-cirricular activities. I don't really care if nothing eventuates but I'm hoping it will. What I'm not sure of is:

1. Would it look really bad if I stayed in a hotel on Sukhumvit? What's a good average area of BKK to stay in?

2. If she asks if you pick-up whores what's the best thing to say? Complete denial or would that sound totally suspect and just say you only whore part-time or something?

3. What's the best place to go out to at night which is fun but not really seedy and full of whores? Like a good nightclub, bar and/or restaurant. I guess Thermae and NEP is out of the question.

If anyone (and I know there are some) has experience with this situation I would appreciate any info or tips. I been there a few times but only whoring and I'd like to try something a little different this time.

TIA.

Mike

There are more and more girls that have this mentality it seems - a more Westernised approach to relationships seems increasingly more commonplace and desirable, but it's still worlds apart from women on our soil.

A girl like this may be trying farang out for the first time, after "liking the way they look" for a while she's plucked up the courage to try and find a good one. Worst case would be if she caught you going after bargirls - not only would it tar all farang with the same brush, but it's seen as pretty pathetic in the good girls' eyes as they're hoping for an improvement on the Thai men who enjoy this lifestyle. If, however, you make it clear to her that you're not after bargirls and also not after a sudden serious relationship, she may understand more. Best lay the cards on the table from the word go.

Sukhumvit hotels are the norm for tourists/businessmen alike, and clubs to take her to depends on her age and background...so ask her what her choice would be. Be prepared though - she may well expect to spend most of her (and your) free time with you in Bangkok. They like to give a lot of attention as well as receive it, which in our place would lead to it being called suffocation :-). "I'm going out tonight with other friends" doesn't go down too well after a few days together, although she probably wouldn't stop you.

Best of luck

mtunley,

I had the same experience, I meet a girl on line before my trip last month. We sent emails and pictures to each other and also would spend a little time in bangkok chat.

As far as question #1, I agree with what Jeff said. I stayed on Soi 3 on the other side of Sukhumvit and away from most of the night life. I ask her if this area would be a good area to stay. Her reply was it would be ok and a good location to the Skytrain, restaurants and shopping.

Question #2 was addressed a little before I made the trip. I ask about what would be the best tourist locations, with me asking about the Grand Palace and some of the temples. I think I can honestly say that she didn't know the main reason I was coming to Thailand. She did think that other places would be better than going to Pattaya for the beaches. HaHa

The answer to question #3, there are many things to do and places to go without taking her to the "seedy" places. The first night we meet, she came to the lobby of my hotel and we went to the Bourbon Street Inn restaurant for dinner. I let her pick this place. It would be a few days before I would see her again because I was going to spend some time in Pattaya. When I returned back to Bkk, I took her to the Cabbages & Condoms restaurant. Good place and can make for interesting conversation because of the theme of the restaurant. One afternoon she took me to the movies to see "Suriyothai". The club in the Hyatt was a nice place to go at night for a few drinks and to dance. Good band from the USA. Only downfall the prices of drinks are the same as clubs in the US. This club IMHO had the BEST looking girls that I have seen in the LOS. I returned back here with a freelance gf one night. Like Jeff said here also, ask her before you go as to what places she would suggest. I think you will have more than enought places to visit both day and night.

Have a good time and trip. smile.gif" border="0

LeoTex

LeoTex:

Getting a Thai girl to pick a place to go before she gives you the "up 2 u" line must be a good trick, or are the girls finally getting some backbone?

Having her stick with you the whole time is the pitts also, especially if you got "other plans" some of the time.

I wonder if the non bg "grapevine" works as well as the bg one.

IMHO, someone is going to get hurt in this,probably her. ( which may lead to you getting a visit from her brothers, or?)

I would just stick to the BG scene unless you are looking for a serious relationship.

But having said that ( and being the cynic I am) the odds she is really "on the job"

are pretty good/ ( IMHO agin, please keep the flame throwers in check).

If you met her on line, I bet she had friends, sisters and so on in the room coaching here to sound good.

( stick a bg in a nice dress, give her a backpack and some books and the college student illusion is complete)

If she is a "regular" girl, I bet here meeting you has already been discussed with her family, had a discussion about what she must do to "reel you in", ect. ( probably all the way to nameing your first borne).

( I better keep putting IMHO in here often, huh?)

Thai women are still of the mindset that they need a man to take care of them, as they are not very independant. Even the hint you are interested in her for more than a few dates, and she ( and her family probably) will be on you like col. sanders chasing a chichen.

best of luck, Hope you prove me wrong, and tell us how it turns out.

( but keep ur eyes open, and be ready to run like that chicken)

pasathai,

Slow down here a minute. I was only answering a question asked by "mtunley". I gave him a answer with my limited experience on the subject. I didn't answer as a expert, but only what I did under similar circumstances.

I have read most of what has been posted on relationships with bg and non bg before making my first trip last month. I will agree with you, one needs to be on guard here. I guess lucky for me she doesn't have any brothers. Not sure about uncles and cousins. I'm not looking for anyone to get hurt(feelings) here.

The only thing I know about her is what she has told me, there could be lots of lies. I did meet her at her work for one of the times we went out to dinner. She introduced me to a few of her fellow employees. I'm sure they may have coached her or gave her some suggestions on "how" to date a farang.

I will keep you up to date, but you will have to wait awhile. I will not see her again till I make my second trip in mid December. BTW I'm not looking for a serious relationship. It was nice spending some time with a Thai girl that didn't wear a number to be identified at her place of employment.

LeoTex

LeoTex:

"Slow down here a minute"

Sorry about that, I do get carried away sometimes.

I kind of feel like we ( members of this board) are all in the bar togeather, and this is a fun outlet for what on our minds.

really ( for me anyway) to keep the "bangkok blues" or whatever it is at bay.

"The only thing I know about her is what she has told me, there could be lots of lies."

good attitued, Something I constantly have to remind myself of ( not just bg stuff either)

"BTW I'm not looking for a serious

relationship. "

I am willing to bet she is.

Time will tell how it works out, hope you tell us smile.gif" border="0

I just want to offer you my humble oppinions and a little of my experience. If you dont like what I say, just leave it. I have dated Thai girls from the ultimate Korat-Pattaya hustler to the owner of a Thai banks daughter, models and waitresses... but that dosent matter, its just oppinon anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by mtunley:

I met a good Thai girl online, she's smart,[

yeah she's smart.. dont let stary eyes fool you.. The good girls I have dated were dull and dumb as dogshit.. if you met her online.. was it bangkok chat?? she found out about it somehow and was interested in talking to a farang

quote:

recently became single and is dead keen to meet me

find out more about this.. devil is in the details

quote:

She's also not so "good" that she wouldn't not consider extra-cirricular activities.

if you have discussed this.. she aint snow white

quote:

if she is good she wont know.. try Grand President soi 11.. take taxis to and from

if you have the budget try Dusit Thani.. close Pat Pong on Silom.. it will float her boat if she is a good girl.. she will think you are teribly cultured and into Thailand

quote:

JESUS.. Deny Deny Deny.. Pete Rose man.. even if she did suspect.. she would never except admitance.. that is what any good thai man would do

quote:

fun but not really seedy and full of whores? Like a good nightclub, bar and/or restaurant. I guess Thermae and NEP is out of the question.

You guessed really right.. where does she live.. anywhere in Bang Na.. Yes Indeed is a good place.. in Sukhumvit try DeBarli close to the mouth of soi 26.. DV8 on soi 31 I think.. or let her pick..

if she picks any place with lots of farangs like Burbon street or bulls head or Barbican then a farang took her there and the answer to the first question is her ex was a farang

quote:

I been there a few times but only whoring and I'd like to try something a little different this time.

dont expect to much is all I can say.. thai women may think they need men but they are POWERFUL. at getting what they want from a man.. if you think bar girls lie to much then try a straight girl.. they are even better at it.. Ask your self what do you really want ..

What the hell am I saying.. I live with a girl I think is a saint.. I wish you luck man.. my girl was a waitress, middle class, nothing fancy.. thats where I found home.. hope it works out well for you..

pasathai,

Not that I agree with all you say, but you are correct in saying "time will tell". I might even give you credit for your statement "I am willing to bet she is" in reference to her being serious. I'm not sure yet, just how serious she is or will get.

Here is where I think you are way off base IMHO. You said "this board will help keep the Bangkok Blues at bay". After getting back home I had the Bangkok Blues, Thai Flu or the Pattaya Bug so bad. It was so bad that when I logged on the board it made matters even more difficult. I couldn't even post my trip report, I will soon. I don't know about you, but the more I read here I more I want to return. I just don't think you can say with a clear conscious the message board can keep your "Bangkok Blues" at bay. Now I'm getting carried away.

LeoTex

Archived